Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Arent I Loseing??!!

Hi All, Ive' been banded since June, I'm tracking my cals (on cal counter), being verry diligent about staying under the 1700 cal a day that they recommend. And I'm still not losing! I entered my hight and weight ect. and I usually seem to eat about 1400 cals a day. Could that still be too much?? This happened to me befor the band when Iwas on Jenny Craig, I never lost :lol: I'm getting depressed could there be medical reason why some people dont lose?? I think if you dont eat you should lose..? thanks- jen

Hi Jen,

I have to be 1000 calories or below to lose weight consistently...and if I really want to get after it..exercise is the rule. Then you can have a few more calories. It all depends on the individual. I think for me, my metabolism is at a snail's pace, from years and years of yo-yo dieting...so I have to watch what I eat and exercise. I'm not real consistent with the exercise tho...my burden to bear!!

my doctors said my total cal intake should be 700-1000 I think that's the problem I eating about 1700-2500 cal now and I am not banded yet. so I think about 1000 cal a day and exercise for about 30 min a day will do the trick

I stay between 7-1k calories a day...and I've all but eliminated bread/rice/potatoes/processed sugar from my diet with the exception of special occasions....very rare special occasions.

I think you may need to pare down your caloric intake and see if it helps!

Rain

Are you exercising and how much ? That may be the key and usually is. Plus like everyone else said I try and stay 800- 1200 cals a day and keep away from carb heavy foods plus NO SODAS !

Exercise is key to my loss. even if i am not eating perfectly, if i move, i lose.

i would say 1700 cal target is rather high unless you are REALLY exercising.

good luck!

I do exercise a little, and my band is pretty tight so I'll have a protien bar for Breakfast, Soup for lunch, plain low fat yogurt with fruit for dinner. maybe some popcorn or a glass of wine or starbucks to bump up the calories cause I thought it was bad to eat too few cals cause of starvation mode or something.

I do exercise a little, and my band is pretty tight so I'll have a protien bar for Breakfast, Soup for lunch, plain low fat yogurt with fruit for dinner. maybe some popcorn or a glass of wine or starbucks to bump up the calories cause I thought it was bad to eat too few cals cause of starvation mode or something.

hope that's one heck of a Protein bar ... :D

sounds like you need more Protein.< /p>

sample menu:

b - shake (Atkins caramel latte - yummy!!)

s - almonds maybe

l - spicy tuna w/ HB egg and some spicy mayo

s - almonds maybe or iSS Oh Yeah bar (another yummy)

d - whatever family is having, meat & veggies type food.

no late snack.< /p>

good luck!

I know what you mean. I am experiencing the same thing. At first I was losing at 1000-1100 calories per day, slow but losing. Then I got a fill on 10/8 and after a week, something kicked in and I was only eating 800-900 calories per day. I have not lost a pound since and it has been like 7 weeks. I am so frustrated. I go to Curves 4-5 times per week for at least 35 minutes each visit, plus ride eliptical bike about 3 times per week and do cardio 3-4 times per week. No one has been able to give me any insight. I wonder if I am not eating enough for the exercise i do or what i should do (that starvation mode you mentioned). Should I eat more, exercise less what? All I know is that I am not losing either and I am beyond frustrated. My doc office is swamped and next available appointment is 1/7/08.

I stay between 7-1k calories a day...and I've all but eliminated bread/rice/potatoes/processed sugar from my diet with the exception of special occasions....very rare special occasions.

I think you may need to pare down your caloric intake and see if it helps!

Rain

You are doing do well tell me what you do

Exercise

food intake

elimitations

You could email me if you prefer mazegirl1@yahoo.com:help:

Try exercising a lot more, and eating more real food. You would be surprised at how few calories are in veggies and lean meats. Swap the glass of wine and popcorn for a few veggies and a small bit of meat, and you might notice a change in your weight.