Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

coffee drinkers?

I love coffee too. I still drink two cups in the morning and one in the afternoon. I like it sweet too, so I use the ff flavored Creamer - International Delite French vanilla - Fat Free. It has some calories, but I'm still losing, so I'm not going to worry about it. I tried to give it up but I found that I was so dog-tired in the afternoon that I couldn't do it.

Good luck.

Sue

I'm not much of a coffee drinker but I have had a few cups over the past couple days (to be exact, 1 yesterday and 2 the day before). I was under the impression that the coffee itself has no calories but I have been including the calories from the creamer & splenda in my daily caloric intake and of course have made sure not to go over my limit ... today I weigh myself and I am up a pound ;) I blamed the coffee and added it to my "do not consume" list :D

coffee itself is not evil. It's what people ADD to the coffee. Sugar, cream, creamer ect. that makes it not such a wise choice.

Personally, I drink a lot of coffee, either black, or with a splash of skim milk.

There's not even any such thing as creamer here! I define coffee as black with a dash of skim milk - lattes etc (which again are different here, they're still just coffee but with more milk) not to mention confectionary mega whipped cream, there's coffee in there somewhere concoctions - be careful with those obviously.

I think there might be somethign called Coffeemate here which is creamer, but its normally on the bottom supermarket shelf, I've never seen anyone buy it.

Giving up sugar in coffee and tea - which I did at about age 17, is EASY. It takes about 2 weeks for the taste to become normal with you but in the whole scheme of dieting sacrifices, this is an easy one. Ditch the artificial sweetener, just give it up, it honestly doesnt take long. And at least have real skim milk in it rather than something separated, dried, powdered, chemically altered and spooned in. Yuck, I dont understand that one.

I just wanted to give all you creamer fans a tip. Instead of creamer, which I do love cuz it makes the coffee creamy, I use fat free powdered milk. It doesn't Water it down the way skim milk does. Plus its got like 8 grams of protien in 1/3 a cup. Also, if you like your coffee kinda sweet, the silk creamer (soy milk stuff) in the french vanilla flavor is awsome! I haven't had it since being banded, so I can't give you the nutritional facts on it, but it is just sweet enough that you don't have to add sweetener. It probably has sugar in it, but it is soy milk so I would assume it has some kinda protien.

Caffeine can cause gastritis. I was told it should be introduced slowly into your post op diet. And if tolerated you can have coffee. Just be careful.