Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

coffee drinkers?

I looooove love love coffee.... and I was told no more coffee or tea after the band. Is this just because of the caffeine? I'm getting banded in two days and I'm in the mourning stages... missing all of my favorite treats... like my coffee. what do you all do???

I looooove love love coffee.... and I was told no more coffee or tea after the band. Is this just because of the caffeine? I'm getting banded in two days and I'm in the mourning stages... missing all of my favorite treats... like my coffee. what do you all do???

I'm addicted to caffine. I never heard that. When we go out for dinner I have coffee when others are drinking. I can't eat and drink .....food comes right back up......

good luck

spunky

You just have to be careful how you define "coffee"

Black, creamer and spenda? No problem

Starbucks grande mocha frap with whip? That's a ton of liquid calories that most people don't track.

I drink green tea as well. I only drink 1 cup a day though. It can help move the bowels... do you find that?

I drink a lot of tea (w/sweet-n-low), and an occasional coffee w/ creamer & sweet-n-low.

Dehydration thing, suppose to drink 2 glasses of Water for every cup of coffee or tea.

I asked the lap band nutritionist and she said coffee was fine, just don't overdo it with cream and sugar. I use creamer and splenda. I used to drink three or four cups in the morning, and now I can barely get two down, so you might find your appetite for it decreasing after your surgery. Of course, I'm only 7 weeks past surgery, so I can't make any long term statements.

There is no reason a bandster can't drink coffee. That is mis-information, plain and simple.

If your doc recommends avoiding it for general health purposes (or for caloric intake control due to creamer, etc.), I guess that's one thing, but to tie it to a band-specific issue is incorrect.

Woohoo! That must make you one happy camper!

When I had my nutrition evaluation she said no more caffeinated coffee because it's a diuretic. But after reading what everyone else is saying I think I'll stick with the good old caffeine kind!

The coffee thing - some docs believe it, some dont. My doc snorted when I asked about that, he said "where on earth did you hear that one, the internet?". I said yeah. He said "that's rubbish, dont rely on the internet for your information". I actually disagree as I learned lots of valuable information here, but the coffee one I choose to disregard and feel justified because my doctor does not believe it, lol.

I. cannot. live. without. coffee. And I have no intention of even trying. I do stick to Decaf for most of my coffee though, I only have 2 or 3 caffeinated ones a day.