Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially delurking...

Guest jumapele

Guest jumapele

Hi All!

I'm Leslie, mom of 2 kids (4 y/o girl and 7 y/o boy) and wife to a great guy. I joined this site awhile ago to get information about the lab band but haven't really participated in discussions. Well I'm ready to get over my shyness and jump in.

I had my band put in on 11/10/04 and have had no problems whatsoever. I lost 16 lbs right away but once the swelling went down I didn't feel any restriction so I had my first fill on 12/21. I felt a little more restriction after that--I had to be careful with chewing enough but could eat the same amount of food as before the surgery.

I had gained back 3lbs so I was starting to get nervous so I had my 2nd fill this past Tuesday. I don't know if I'm quite at the sweet spot yet but I do feel a lot more restriction. The eggs that I've had for Breakfast every day for the last several weeks do not go down any more and I am getting fuller faster. I do think I'll need one more fill though because I think food is passing through my pouch way too fast and I'm hungry an hour later.

I decided to be more active in this board so that you all can help keep me honest and be my inspiration. I have a tendency to eat until I'm stuffed and crave sweets. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Leslie

Welcome Leslie!! We're glad to have you here. Sounds like you've at least done enough research to understand what's happening. Very good!

"I have a tendency to eat until I'm stuffed and crave sweets. I look forward to getting to know you all better."

Boy, who does that sound like? Oh, me! I'm glad you're not lurking any more. Peace.

Harder Proteins will stay in the pouch longer. When I eat eggs with no hard Protein I get hungry faster. Try hard proteins like chicken, fish,. With my eggs I usually have sausage or some kind of meat helps last longer. I ate this morning at 8:00 am and had 1 link of polish sausage and 2 scrambled eggs and still am satisfied. We all crave sweets..We are women :D

Are you waiting an 30 minutes to an hour after you eat to drink. That does make a difference. I know from experience of not waiting..

Sounds like you are doing everything you are supposed to do..glad to see you come out of the closet. Support is essential for me, this site and all of the people here have helped me tremendously..I hope the same for you :D

Hi Leslie sounds like you are on the right track but like Michelle says try adding Harder Protien with your egg. I myself do protien drinks all morning and by mid morning I introduce chicken or tuna for lunch usually stay full till around 4 or 5 so for me it does not take much sometimes I fill good about it other times I would like to stuff myself..

OOOOhh sweets yep I try to be good about that but sometimes I nibble on my sons cup cakes at night.

Yep all the ladies and Gentlemen are very helpfull