Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Did You Survive Turkey Day?

I did very well. I have been able to eat pretty much anything I want for about a week now but of course I haven't. Thursday there was soooooo much food it was overwhelming. I was very proud of myself though. I brought a baked sweet potato to my Aunts house, had a couple peices of turkey, (it was my three week mark and could start turkey and chicken), a teaspoon of mashed potatoes and I couldn't live without a couple bites of my Uncle's cornbread dressing. I would say that I at not even half of what I would normall eat and I was stuffed. Now of course I know once I get my fill on the 12th that isn't happening anymore but it kind of felt good to have some of the things I wanted, in moderation, for Thanksgivng. Now Christmas, that will be a different story.

How did everyone else do? Those who are no longer on liquids what did you eat?

We dont do thanksgiving in Australia, but Christmas is just around the corner.

I've actually never had a problem with celebratory eating, I was a little and often overeater not a massive humungous intake all at once eater and i've never ever liked the sensation of scarfing down Christmas dinner, followed by plum pudding, washed down with four or five wines till you need to undo your pants type eating. I hate it. So I've not really dont it.

Likewise in any other situation where weight gain was a threat - holidays and pregnancy mainly - I have an Iron will, I plan ahead of time not to overeat and I dont.

its the day to day routine eating where I tend to go off track, just not planning, thinking about it or shopping properly.

My whole family is full of size 0 2s and 4s......nobody ate much. I fit right in....<wink>

It's being with people not what you eat.....1 forkful of mashhed potatoes, 1 forkful of mashed turnips, a couple of salmon with a sauce and for dessert a sugar free poached 1/2 a pear...I was banded aug 7 2007......it does get easier. And you will love shopping for NEW clothes.

Happy holidays

spunky

I had a small spoonful of mashed potatoes and gravy, small spoonful of sweet potatoes and small spoonful of dressing and a small bite of Turkey that I masticated before I swallowed.

It was a very rewarding experience. As I watched all of my family stuffing themselves and feeling bloated afterwards. I had none of that I felt very proud of me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches