Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else get fills at SCOR?

Has anyone else had a fill recently at scor in Richardson texas, only to be informed that they no longer do the fills under fluoroscopy? I was not to thrilled at being blindly poked, and having to request being numbed first.

Banded 9-13-7

As of today lost 144 lbs

I am sorry to hear that your center has quit using fluro. I have never had a blind fill, but I have had a blind unfill. My NP is wonderful and hits the port on the first poke every time weather she uses fluro or not. If this center is the only place you can go for fills I hope that you have as good a doc or NP as I do that can hit it the first time.

I get my fills at SCOR. But i have only had 1 fill...the 2nd time didn't work. And yes, they poke around blindly. ouch.

I don't know any better bc the 1st fill was great, she found the port right away and that was it. The 2nd time the lady didn't know what she was doing and I ended up crying bc they freaked me out. The last time I was thinking to myself, would I have had this surgery if it was going to be like this??

Wow Tulip, that really sucks, I am sorry to hear about your experience!!! Sounds like you should complain, and then find another fill center. I hope there is one close by!!

Now you've made me curious!

I've gotten all my fills at SCOR (AIGB, True Results) for almost a year now..over 10 fills! Always hit my port, painlessly (small pinch, very minor) on the first try. Never requested numbing agent, never used it...but they have always asked if I wanted it. And as far as the flouro goes, have had many. Not every time, but always if I am unsure, or if I request it. Note, some of their assistants are more "skilled" in doing the fills. I always request the same one...and we have a wonderful relationship. They moved everyone over (from AIGB) to do fills at the remodeled spot so they WOULD be able to do flouros if needed.

Sorry for your trouble...let them know. They've always been very responsive, polite and over-willing to help. Only thing I've noticed of late is the long wait for appointments, but was told they were extending their operating hours to accomodate the heavy schedules.

I actually had to go in today for an un-fill at SCOR. The woman was very nice and immediately put me under x-ray to do the fill. I just had revision surgery yesterday and my surgeon filled me too much (7cc's and I couldn't even drink water!!!), so she understood that I didn't want anyone pushing around on my stomach to try to find the port.

I felt bad for the whole staff at SCOR bc I started crying once they took me back to the room. I had bad memories of what happened 3 weeks ago when I was there. The poor guy who took my BP was like..why r u crying?? All I could say is that I don't want to have to go through this again after what happened last time when they couldn't find the port and it being a day after surgery, I am still in a lot of pain.

They were really nice this time though...the fill staff was completely different, I had never seen any of them before--weird.

My first fill at SCOR was done by Laura.....she was wonderful. Painless and perfect on the first try. My 2nd one was done by someone else (Kelly?) and it was awful. She poked and dug and gouged around so much that I almost passed out. I could feel my face burning and just that light-headed feeling and I was laying down. It was not a good experience. If you are self-pay and are still within your one year of free fills, is the fluoroscopy done (if needed) at no extra charge?

TulipStar, I'm glad you are back on track, but sorry for what you've been thru! I hope the staff understood your emotions...it's not like "understanding/working" with this band isn't emotionally trying enough, add a bad experience to it, and anyone would crack! Top that off with the time of year, etc....just getting to January 2nd will help!

Mandi, I didn't say it before, as I thought there might be others as wonderful, but Laura ROCKS! She's my number 1 gal, and I never even flinch with her. And, she's compassionate, knows her stuff, and gets tough when needed.

I am self pay, nearing my 1 year mark, and have never paid for a fill or flouro. I understand they have extended their policy for new patients who self pay to include longer "free" fills. I asked about what happens in January for me...they will contact my insurance company, and there is a chance they will cover me, as SCOR codes them as office visits, which would put me in a co-pay position (50.00 from me). At that point, cost from SCOR for additional fills is 100.00 (probably w/o flouro, that would be more).

Will see next visit, in a few weeks.

Either way, it's worth it!