Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All frustrated October bandsters....

Thanks Carrot :lol:

I read that in the early days pre-op, and I still go and have a read now and then.

Still wondering when it will "click" in - hopefully soon.

My first fill is Friday!

Its about exercise.........grrrr -

Hi everyone. How are you all today? I got my band 10-10-2007 and have had 1 fill. I felt restricted a few days and I guess to a point I still do, my question is this,

I can only eat a few bites and feel full, maybe an hour and a half later I am hungry again. Has anyone else had this feeling and what did you do to control it?

I drink a Protein Drink for Breakfast, then drink Water and then a cup of coffee and by then I am hungry again.

Hi everyone. How are you all today? I got my band 10-10-2007 and have had 1 fill. I felt restricted a few days and I guess to a point I still do, my question is this,

I can only eat a few bites and feel full, maybe an hour and a half later I am hungry again. Has anyone else had this feeling and what did you do to control it?

I drink a Protein drink for breakfast, then drink Water and then a cup of coffee and by then I am hungry again.

I have this as well. I can eat more than a few bites but have had PB's when trying to eat a sandwich on white bread. I eat less than I used to but am hungry in an hour or so too. I think we have some restriction but not enough.

I was banded on 10/25/07

I read Wendall's post while I was home recovering. I think i'm missing something and I want to be part of this October thread. What is the frustration?

My first fill is scheduled for 12/12 (6 weeks) I too got the Allergan Lap-Band that he is speaking of.

My weight loss has slowed down as I've gradually progressed in calories as directed. I'm following my post op guidelines to a T and not going over my calorie limit. I eat about 6-8 times a day about a half cup at each sitting. I'm getting my Protein in.

I went from losing 6 pounds one week, to 3, then 2.2 then 0.4 this last week. I thought I'd lose more with more calories because I was kick starting my metabolism again... who knows. the unknown and starvation mode are frustrating to me.

Not sure I'm on the right page here. Thanks for the guidance. :)

Thank you so much for the link to that list. I have had my first fill and have my second one on the 10th of dec. I was thinking I would have lost 10lbs by xmas but I haven't lost a thing since my first fill. I haven't gained either which is good. My MD told me that studies show the more small fills you have in the beginning, the better the long term results. I guess this is because you gradually get used to the way you have to eat as opposed to dealing with it all at once. I have a 10cc band and he put in 1cc the first fill. Mine was still full of air though which it is not supposed to be so he had to remove some of the air and replace it with saline. But I still ended up with 1cc over what I had with air/saline. I was wondering if I was normal and I can see that I am:) I keep reminding myself that this is a long process not an overnight one and I should plan on a year before I see a lot of weight loss. Remember we picked the band so we could lose the healthy way at 1-2 lbs a week with proper restriction. It will take a few fills for that type of restriction. I also feel like people are saying "have you lost weight yet?" And I'm like, I've only had one fill, it can be 3-4 before I have proper restriction (through gritted teeth). Well we have each other. Hand in there, the band will work, we just need to give it time.:clap2:

I drink a Protein drink for Breakfast, then drink Water and then a cup of coffee and by then I am hungry again.

ok, i have not had a fill yet, i get my first one in the next hour. but, i was told that if you get to the point where you are hungry in between meals, you either need a fill, or your food is not dense enough. for instance, no matter how tight you are, the Protein Drink, Water, and coffee are likely to not keep you full very long. i'm not sure if you are still in a liquid phase from your fill or not, but maybe you need to try denser foods. my doctor's office is very adamant about not having liquid calories and they include Protein drinks in that. they want us to eat our Protein once we are to the point of getting fills.

now that i have said that, i will probably still drink Protein Drinks because i have a lot of trouble getting my protein in, but i do not think it will make you full.

I have this as well. I can eat more than a few bites but have had PB's when trying to eat a sandwich on white bread. I eat less than I used to but am hungry in an hour or so too. I think we have some restriction but not enough.

again, i have not had a fill, so please don't beat me up, but i have heard that white bread is very hard to eat because it is so doughy. have you tried a whole grain, lower carb version? my dr. told me not to ever eat white bread if it can be avoided and that more than likely we would pb on it but not on the wheat bread. ....just a thought.

now that i have posted my replies. i am HELLA frustrated. head hunger is my problem. i need to change my name to head_hunger_monster or something like that. i only got 1/4 of my monthly this month, but it left the ugly Water weight (about 10 lbs worth).

i get my first fill today and i am ever thankful for wendell's post, or i would be beating myself up...i am almost back up to surgery weight.

ok, i have not had a fill yet, i get my first one in the next hour. but, i was told that if you get to the point where you are hungry in between meals, you either need a fill, or your food is not dense enough. for instance, no matter how tight you are, the Protein drink, Water, and coffee are likely to not keep you full very long. i'm not sure if you are still in a liquid phase from your fill or not, but maybe you need to try denser foods. my doctor's office is very adamant about not having liquid calories and they include Protein drinks in that. they want us to eat our Protein once we are to the point of getting fills.

now that i have said that, i will probably still drink Protein Drinks because i have a lot of trouble getting my protein in, but i do not think it will make you full.

I am eating regular foods also, most days my day starts with boost drink, then 45 minutes later, Water, coffee. I am new to coffee but have found its not that bad. Then lunch will be grilled chicken sandwich, without the bun and veggies, then supper is Soup unless I have some chicken left from lunch.< /p>

Week-ends are better choice of different foods but while at work there isn't much choice.

I would love a salad but they say its off limits, maybe a V-8 will satisfy my craving.

I have my second fill 12-31-2007, I am thankful that I haven't gained any weight back that I have lost.

Today for lunch I ordered a fish dinner, it had corn and green Beans on the plate along with 3 slices of fish. I got 1 tiny slice down and 3 teaspoons of corn then I gave the plate away.

Before time for my liquids I was hungry again. Wonder if its just me craving something or is the hungar real?