Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is CHICKEN So HARD TO EAT?

After tomorrow, my sushi days are probably over, Crystal (I go for an adjustment).

Hey, have you guys noticed how beautiful everyone is on this board? Seriously, I love looking at everyone's avatar, and seeing the remarkable beauty of each of us; and it has nothing to do with our sizes. We are just lovely.

Be a great day...

When do you get your first fill? Welcome to the board! I just found it and boy am I feeling the difference in the level of support, internally and externally.

Sorry gang, forgot to say this was to Mescla - Tenacious Tens!

When do you get your first fill? Welcome to the board! I just found it and boy am I feeling the difference in the level of support, internally and externally.

We went to dinner at a friend's house the other day and of course she served barbecued chicken breasts. I had visions of running from the table making disgusting sounds, but I sliced it very very thin (as thin as I could possibly slice it) and didn't have problems. Chicken is so stringy that no matter how much you chew it, it never seems enough. However, with the paper thin slices I could eat it without embarassing results.

Have you tried cooking chicken in a crockpot to see if you can eat that? I cooked some chicken and potatoes in the crockpot tonight with a can of 98% ff cream of mushroom Soup, one packet of dry onion mushroom soup and 1/2 cup of Water. It was very tender and easy to chew. It was thighs though which don't dry out as bad as breasts do. Good luck!

I love the crock pot Idea. Gonna try that. Thank god I love Tofu and Cottage cheese, tho.

PB is Productive Burp. I experience it as a food coming up and out but not like vomiting in that I don't have the spasming feeling or the suddeness of it. It is like a burp that carries food with it. Others may experience it another way.

Do you have issue with other hard Proteins? Can you eat say, Roast beef? Hamburger? Pork? Not tuna and other fish that is so soft.

If you can eat some hard Protein and not the chicken then I would guess it is just going to be a trigger food for you---but I would make sure I could eat at least some hard Protein before scheduling another fill.

I try to keep chicken as well as other meat moist, and it is much easier, reheating meat is VERY difficult, almost always is too dry.

I have restriction, enough to trigger me when I eat too much, and enough to slowly lose, but I choose not to be too tight, I would prefer toget my nutrition from food as opposed to shakes or supplements--so have opted not to be as tight as some people want to be---which might be why I can eat most any thing without issue. I was afraid of shrimp, it seems hard to chew to mushy stage, but it was not an issue either.

If you cannot eat any HARD protein without pain, I would suggest discussing it with your Dr. just to be on the safe side.

i second the precooked chicken from tyson or wherever ... i throw a couple ounces, heat it and then top it with chipotle salsa.. SO tasty!!

im actually ok on most days with regular chicken so i just cook up about 10 tenderloins for my week...

of course my band is a fickle one so, ya never know...

Kat I love how I get so many perspectives on this board. I always used to wonder why I never felt supported, and amazingly this board is helping me to understand that when I think I have the answers, I am closed and on my own. When I reach out to others with an "I don't know mind" I feel so supported and get information that is so helpful and that my "I know Mind" would never get.

I used to eat over not feeling supported, and I love noticing how I create that experience for myself, or not.

It is really something sweet to see how much support for each other lives on this board.

Sorry to wax so philosophical, but your post, and every one else's, fills me with such gratitude!

Love,

Lisa