Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a kick in the arse! Please!

Hey gang, I've been away for awhile... tried to catch up a little.

I finally lost the 7lbs I gained over the summer, but I can't seem to get past this plateaum. I know it's just my bad habits. I've been eating like crap and not exercising. I just can't find the motivation right now. I would love to get off another 10lbs before my 1 yr bandiversary, so I can call it an even 50lbs for the first year. It's so frustrating.

My other frustration is that I am without a band doc right now. My original surgeon moved out of state, and I haven't yet gotten in with anyone else yet. The doc I'd like to see -- his office person told me I didn't need to come in unless I needed a fill. Arg! How do I know if I need one? I mean, I know the basics, but sometimes I like to bounce ideas off my surgeon, ya know? Regardless of fills, because I KNOW I don't need one yet (must actually try exercising first, ya?), I'd still like to meet the guy.

Enough of my venting. Anyone else struggling? Or anyone have any uplifting and motivating thoughts for me?

Maria

:thinkHi guys, this is my first time on any forum! I was done 1/07, did good for a while, lost 30 pounds, now i've put on 7 lbs. I have no restrictions at all! The doctor said I'm pretty filled up, yet I can eat anything. He said that sometimes people can have food store in their esophagus. Has anyone heard of this?

Hi...welcome back. We would love to support you of course.

Juno, how about a workout buddy? Got anyone who might be willing? I find that making a committment to someone helps me, even if it is just asking my DH to come with me. Mostly tho, I do have to do it myself. I live out in the country and have such weird hours, it is hard to find someone to work out with. The best thing that I've done for myself was make myself get up an hour early in the morning for a walk or work out on the elipital...I will admit that it has been a while since I've done either. I'm bad this month...but am psyching myself up for Dec. I'd like to knock off a few more pound before my anniversary as well.

Norgaw...What kind of band and how much fill do you have in it? Have you been filled so that Water flows slowly through? I don't think you can eat anything if you're properly restricted. I just had a PB on some turkey... You might want to get checked under floro just to be sure.

Good luck gang!

I don't know whats wrong with me. Ate too much today, seems like since I feel like the band doesn't work, that we have both given up (me and the band) I'm getting really bummed.........Hope you are all doing good. Nor:help:

as far as your question, i don't know what kind of band or how much fill. he did tell me that their is not much more he can put in.

Did you get a ID card with the serial number of your band when you had your surgery? That should tell you more.

It is also possible that you have stretched your pouch if you are nearly full and still able to eat anything. From what I've read, they just unfill you, let your pouch shrink again, and start over will incremental fills. I would really suggest that you find out what kind of band, how much fill it holds, that way you will be able to know if your fill is being absorbed or leaked out...and then I'd start in with your Dr to see what it going on.

To me, you need to be more proactive as far as working with your Dr. You also need to know what is going on with your body and band. Did your fill Dr. do the surgery? Is there any support groups in your area?

Don't give up...consider this just part of your journey, but you have to willing to work as well.

Juno - I too had this problem, I went from August to about the end of October eating and grazing on whatever the heck I wanted. Now the good news, I only gained a few pounds, pre band, I would have gained at least 20+, so that in itself is success in my opinion.

What I did was print out the band rules, I refreshed myself with all the rules and started followig them. I ate Protein first, this kept me from grazing because I was sooo full after this. I know its hard, the head hunger and cravings are hard to control. I sure wish the doctor would have banded my brain too! lol.

So don't beat yourself up so bad, look how far you have come from last year. Just get back on track and you will do fine!

Thanks Tonya :)

I actually went to the gym this morning! 40 minutes on the treadmill -- I think it's a good start.

I'm also starting a food log today. I'll be seeing a new nutritionist soon, so I want to have something to show them. Plus, my OB/GYN wants to put me on Metformin, so I need to make sure I'm making good choices for that too.

maria

Yay!!!!!! The gym is a great start! Good for you girl!

I find keeping a food journal really helps me to see where / what I'm eating that is wrong/too much cal. etc.

My problem is liquid calories! I love my starbucks, or my flavored Creamer in my coffee. Today I took a peak at how much calories are in my pumpkin spice creamer. it was 45 calories a TBSP. I have way more than a TBSP, I have like 1/4 cup in my coffee. Yikes, thats a lot of calories just for a coffee.

I am trying hard to get back to they gym, and trying to not use my knee as an excuse, but man it hurts. I was only able to do 5 min on the elliptical today because of the pain. So I don't want any more flareup on my knee so I will have to get back on the bike this afternoon.

Good job Maria, keep it up!

I have to admit, it felt really good to MOVE! :D

Starbucks is an issue with me as well. And I still splurge on the occasional slurpee (so so bad). At least I manged to cut out most alcohol since I'm trying to get pregnant! It counts for something :eek: