Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can not get this thing right UGHHHH!

Hello everyone-

I was filled 10 days ago; I was given 4cc in my 10cc band. I followed the doctor's instructions about liquids and mushies. I felt the restriction as I drank my Protein and I thought, "all right this is not going to be too bad!" Yes I was being cocky.

I started eating solids and I could not get full! I tried to eat slow, but it was like I had been starved for two months. I just shoveled the food in. The worse part is there was no restriction! For instance last night I had my regular dinner and 20 minutes later I ate another huge helping of meat. I ate it right out of the pan! I was starving. My hunger pains we so painful, but afterwards my band felt really full. I didn't have any PB or slime. Then I felt guilty afterward. In the beginning I was good I took my small portions on my little plate with my little spoon and had the best of intentions, but I was so HUNGRY. Before the fill I had self-control and I ate slower and waited for my burp to tell me I was full. Now no burp. (Honestly it does come later, but after I have eating so fast and probably ate more than I should have.)

I follow the rules no drinking with meal, and no drinking for an hour afterward. However I do drink before my meal. Sometimes right up until the meal. I get 60 grams of protein a day. I eat protein first, veggies 2nd, and then a little bit of starch. I consume no refined sugar or junk food, as I do not crave it anymore, thank goodness. I have only one vice which is a half sweet, non-fat,tall Starbucks mocha which I sometimes get. (It only has 110 calories in it.)

For breakfast: Protein shake (180 calories and 18 protein) or 1 cup of Kashie Cereal if I know I am going to have a coffee that day. (around 200 calories and 13 grams of protein)

Snack: Starbucks (110 calories and 9 grams of protein) or another Protein Shake (170 calories, but 18 grams of protein.)

Lunch: 1/2 cup of chicken breast in a can(100 calories and 10 grams of protein) and 1 cup of green Beans (20 calories and 2 grams of protein.)

Dinner: Varies but I keep my portions to 1 1/2 cup. (Meat and veggies.)

Bed time protein drink:Protein shake (180 calories and 18 protein.)

Without dinner my calories add up to 690.

I exercise 5 times a week.

Any brilliant people have any suggestions?

I am banging my head on my keyboard.

Hi CookieLover,

Well, let me start by saying: You have lost 31 pounds! In about six weeks! That's fantastic. You're doing great!

I've only been banded a week, but I am a knowledgable dieter.

If you are eating a 1,000 cals or less a day, your metabolism will slow down. You need more food. That is what your body is telling you. And since you exercise regularly, you need to add more food (say another 100 to 200 cals per hour of exercise). You will not and should not lose at the rate you've been losing (significant weight lose is normal right out of the gate, but will taper to slow weight loss as you proceed thru this weight loss journey). You should start losing at a rate of 1 to 2 pounds a week (At least no more than 3lbs/wk). This is how the lapband is designed and this is the healthy way to do it. You body is rebelling at the strict diet you are forcing it to live with. If you eat 1500 cals a day on average, you will lose weight and provide enough energy for your body to exercise effectively 5 days a week.

So quit pounding your head on the computer and fuel your body!

I'm not the best one to answer why you have lack of restriction after your fill, but I have heard that you don't always fill the restriction right away. Be patient. Hope this helps. Let me know how you do.

If you can eat 1 cup of food and still lose weight that is great. For me I need to consum 1/2 cup of food. If you are hungry you need another fill. You are definitely consuming enough. The 1 1/2 cup plus 1 cup of green Beans means you are consuming 1 1/2cup of food per meal. I would definitely get a fill. Good luck.