Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Menu ideas??

I am having a VERY hard time eating "properly". I just can't seem to get with the program.:help:

Could everyone post what you eat for 1 day so I can have some menus to follow. The amounts of each item would also be helpful...thanks so much! :hungry:

Any suggestions on how to get motivated and get on track would be much appreciated...

Thank you!

I recently met with a nutritionist who recommended the following:

Breakfast: 1 Cup kashi Go Lean Cereal with skim milk or 1/2 English Muffin with tsp. Peanut Butter. (I also drink coffee first thing when I wake up)

Snack: small piece of fruit such as 1/2 banana, small apple, some grapes

Lunch: 1/2 sandwich of turkey, ham, cheese, egg or tuna salad. (I toast the bread and am able to tolerate it better)

Snack: skinny cow cheese stick, or 1/8 cup unsalted roasted peanuts

Dinner: Lean meat or fish (the size of a deck of cards), vegetable, occassional starch.

Throughout the day: Water, water, and more water. It increases your metabolism, and decreases the head hunger.

I've followed her diet suggestions for a week now, and already my weight loss has increased.

Good luck to you..

Not sure how much mine will help, but anyway:

Yesterday I had

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, a bit later a pear.

Snack: banana, skim milk latte

Lunch: tuna sandwich on wholegrain bread

dinner: glass red wine, Pasta bake, green salad, coffee (dinner at my sister's).

Today so far I've eaten:

Breakfast: 1/3 cup muesli with a bit of natural yogurt and some stewed plums on top.

Skim milk latte

Just made another tuna sandwich for lunch to use up the other half of the can.

dinner tonight is a vegetarian recipe - roast butternut pumpkin salad with walnuts and fetta cheese, have made it before its yummmy.

I'm about to go to my sisters and pick up my daughter who had a sleepover, I'm not going to come back and admit to what yummy carb laden indulgence I've slipped in, as she said she's baking, lol.

I am totally unfilled, and never ate the 1/2 cup that people go on about even when I did have a fill... But To give you an idea of what I eat;

Breakfast

Cup of coffee, bowl of oats with nuts and a banana.

Snack;

A home made ricotta cake. Today's are mango ricotta cakes ((drool)) and a cup of tea.

Lunch;

Tabouleh with 2 vegetarian sausages.

Snack;

An apple, a handful of nuts, and a big bottle of Water.

dinner

Moroccan chickpeas (a Tomato based dish with chickpea's, zucchini, sweet potato, pumpkin, sultanas, nuts, and couscous) Or if I can convince DH that he has the energy to go out, Bruschetta.

snack

Cup of tea and a couple of squares of this fab organic chocolate I found at Mrs Flannerys.

dinner tonight is a vegetarian recipe - roast butternut pumpkin salad with walnuts and fetta cheese, have made it before its yummmy.

Jachut, could you post this recipe, link to it, or PM it to me please?

It sounds like one I lost in the great kitchen disaster of 2006....

5tbsn olive oil

1 tbspn balsamic vinegar

1 tbspn sweet soy (kecap manis)

350 g spring onions

3 fresh red chillies chopped

1 butternut pumpkin (I just used 2 big halves from supermarket) peeled, seeded and cut into cubes

1 tsp fresh thyme

1/2 cup flat leafed parsley

1 small garlic clove finely chopped

3/4 cup chopped walnuts

150 grams feta cheese

salt and black pepper

Preheat oven to 200 celcius.

Beat olive oil, balsamic and soy in a bowl to mix, toss pumpkin, spring onions and 2 chillies in to mix, roast in the oven 35 to 40 minutes until the pumpkin is tender, remove, and stir in the chopped thyme. Set aside to cool if you're going to eat it cold.

Chop the parsley and garlic, mix with wallnuts, and remaining chopped chilli, stir into the pumpkin mix, taste and season, adding a little extra balsamic if desired. Crumble the fetta and add to the salad.

I also cooked some brown rice and stirred about 2 cups through, to make it into more of a "meal" than a sidedish, lots of leftovers whch went into the freezer and are fine heated in the microwave for lunches as you can eat it hot or cold.

5tbsn olive oil

1 tbspn balsamic vinegar

1 tbspn sweet soy (kecap manis)

350 g spring onions

3 fresh red chillies chopped

1 butternut pumpkin (I just used 2 big halves from supermarket) peeled, seeded and cut into cubes

1 tsp fresh thyme

1/2 cup flat leafed parsley

1 small garlic clove finely chopped

3/4 cup chopped walnuts

150 grams feta cheese

salt and black pepper

Preheat oven to 200 celcius.

Beat olive oil, balsamic and soy in a bowl to mix, toss pumpkin, spring onions and 2 chillies in to mix, roast in the oven 35 to 40 minutes until the pumpkin is tender, remove, and stir in the chopped thyme. Set aside to cool if you're going to eat it cold.

Chop the parsley and garlic, mix with wallnuts, and remaining chopped chilli, stir into the pumpkin mix, taste and season, adding a little extra balsamic if desired. Crumble the fetta and add to the salad.

I also cooked some brown rice and stirred about 2 cups through, to make it into more of a "meal" than a sidedish, lots of leftovers whch went into the freezer and are fine heated in the microwave for lunches as you can eat it hot or cold.

That's the one! Thank you!