Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated-HELP!

I was banded on Sept. 17, 2007 and just can't seem to loose any weight. I have lost a total of 12 lbs. and the scale is NOT budging.:cry

I have been filled 3 times and still don't feel much restriction. I can't seem to get on the plan or with the program. I am having such a hard time mentally.

I know this is not reality but I keep expecting to wake up and all the weight just being gone. I am having a hard time "dieting"...I guess I figured I couldn't diet on my own so that is why I had the surgery but here I am having to "diet" in order to loose weight. SO frustrating!!

I don't know where to begin. I find myself just eating whatever and not sticking to any type of plan. I need help here...I am lost and getting really depressed....

Any suggestions??:help:

Thanks for the support.

I completely understand what your saying. I've only had one fill but it's not effective. I got on the scale this morning and I'm up 3 pounds. That would make my total loss since the very beginning of this journey 5 pounds. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad...I also feel like this is another failed plan to lose weight. I really think/hope that it will eventually kick in but I'm completely off plan and trying to rectif that. It's like dieting before band. Grrrrr.....:)

Howdy, If you have lost twelve lbs, thats great. I haven't done that yet. I was banded 9-26-07, and I have had two fills. I have probably lost 8-10 lbs. I would be happy with two a month. If it is truly fat.

The band requires a great sensitivity, and structure. It is not a method that requires no effort. I get up and try to get Water into me, then coffee, by 10 or 11AM I am looking for food. I can eat Soup, or a few bites of something, and then I am waiting, for the lump in my chest to subside. When it does, I eat some more, or I jump on the liquids. I find the band a challenge, but such a different challenge then diets in general.

I am happy for the assistance from the band, but it will only be as effective as I let it be. I hope you will continue to educate yourself on all the suggestions you'll find in this forum, and apply what you can until you find the right mix for you.:wacko:

I was banded on 1 Nov and have lost 21lbs. I'm not sure why some people lose more than others. I am still on mushies so this may change when I move to solids. I only went back to exercising yesterday... only did a 1/2 hour walk but it took a lot out of me for some reason. Are you sticking to the plan? I'm eating mostly low fat foods which is probably helping.

My view about this process is not that the band will do all the work for me. I had this op because every other time I've lost weight, it's all come back again within a year or so whereas the band will help to keep it off.

Good luck with finding your restriction! happy.gif

I also found that after getting banded that I "could" eat whatever I wanted, even after my first fill. It wasnt real easy, but I put myself on a very strict diet plan, or rather a new way of looking at food. Make sure you get in your required Protein, Avoid ANY calorie filled drinks ( I should have gotten stock in Crystal Light), avoid the bread products, potatoes, rice and most of all if not doing it, exercise as much as possible. This new lifestyle has worked for me so far and I really dont miss the junk food I used to crave.Good Luck...Dave

Like Dave the band is working great for me for the same reasons it works for hin. No drinks with calories ,ever. No junk food and lots of exercise. You really have to change your eating habits and lifestyle to help the band. Donna

The band is working but I do have to wrok the band as well. I have changed a few things around eating. I try not to drink any liquids when I eat so I can feel full faster and not worry about food going thru the band faster. I do push my self away but still manage to eat what I want. I had quick lost at first now it is slowing down a lot. I have not had a fill yet so not sure how that will work with me.

Remember the band is only a tool that needs your help to make it work. Don't think about dieting think about eating less of what you like and if you can go for a walk it will make you feel emotionally better. Get a good cry in if that helps and then try to just move on. SLow and steady wins the race!

Good luck and hang in there!

:clap2:Thank you all so much for the words of encouragement....I was never given a "plan" to follow after being banded. I was only told to make "healthy" choices and to not "drink" my calories. I think that is part of my problem. Having a guideline listing foods and amounts for each meal/snack would be so helpful.

Would anyone be willing to share what 1 day of food looks like in your world...the serving size/amounts would be fabulous.

Congrats to all you loosers.

You say you live in AZ... live anywhere near the Phoenix area? If so, you might join us for our monthly lunches. Get a bit of a kick start, meet other banded people, have folks that ARE banded and experienced bandsters that you can call and ask questions, advice, suggestions, and thoughts. Get really involved with other banded folks, get to know a bunch.

Eat solid Proteins before you eat crap foods so you don't have room for crap. Cut out all white carbs. Nobody likes it, but sometimes you have to do it. Determine if you are sucking in bad carbs that cause you to want more carbs. Get serious and get it done.

If you want to join us for lunch and meet other banded people PM me and I'll add you to our list.

It sounds like you don't have enough restriction. If you are eating say a cup of food and not losing you may be one of those people who can only consum 1/4 to 1/2 cup to lose. That is me. I would go back in for a fill until you have good restriction. Good luck.

I'm with Juliegeraci on this one. The number of fills you've had is irrelevant. Get as many fills as it takes for you to KNOW you've got proper restriction. Once you have proper restriction, it's much easier to follow the bandster rules in terms of food choices and quantities.

I have had 2 fills and I only had restriction for about a week with the 2nd fill. I have found that keeping up with calories has helped me a lot. I use Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate

It helps me if I am accountable somehow, and the daily plate website has a huge variety of foods stored on the site. Good luck with everything.