Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need my lapfriends!

I haven't been here for months. I am not doing so well and I need some support PLEASE! I had my band placed in June 2006. So approx. a year and 5 months ago. I did well at first. I lost about 47 pounds. Then I learned new things I could eat and swallow Water or juice and get them down. Now I am only down about pounds. I have had a few fills but I have never learned to live the RIGHT way. This sucks. I am embarrassed to talk to the Doctor and also afraid to talk to my family because I feel like I have failed myself. I think my biggest obstacle is the ice cream. I will eat so much at night and not have any problems getting it past the band. I need some support and friends and for someone to tell me where to begin this journey again.

Thanks.

IMEARLY@aol.com

I'm not an old timer with the band, but thought I'd comment anyway. I think the best part is that you're back here and asking for help. And this is the place to get it. But also, it's time to be up-front with your Dr. because s/he is part of your team and you need him/her to be working with you.

I'd get rid of the foods that help you circumvent the band...eat according to the band rules, find other ways to reward your successes rather than food, etc. You actually do know what to do...so today is the new day that you can start again.

If you are like me, I've started over on diets a jillion times....and the only failure is to not try.

You are not alone in this situation either...I just read another post from someone that sounded identical...they are starting over as well.

Good luck,

Wow, thanks for your post. It is a good reminder how we can undo what we go to such lengths to do. You know the band is a tool. A tool that only works when used in its proper perspective. We are clever, we can figure out the most imaginative ways to get around the barriers we set up. I am finding it just as interesting to be imaginative and allow myself to play by the rules for once. I think I have proven to myself that I can do what I set my mind to. It is a minute by minute process however. I hope you continue to use the forum, and get the encouragement you need. We all learn from each post we take the time to read and consider. Any person could end up in the same place. Wishing you success.:wacko:

ice cream is so hard to pass up. i know exactly how you feel. i dont keep any in the house,a nd i seem to be able to not buy any at the store just because i feel like everyone is starring. I dont get it anywhere else because i dont eat fastfood at all (except blimpie, subway and Soup from schlozkeys (sp??? lol)) we really have all been in the same place, you can get through this, just dont let ice cream mean that much to you. and if you need it, only have ONE serving, i know its only like a half a cup but you can do it!