Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

So you did broil then? For how long? (and did it dry out any afterwards?)

Yep! I cut them in half first. Honestly the soft texture had me a little worried. But it was cooked all the way through, no issue. Just broiled for a few minutes on each side, kept a close watch on it. Probably in the oven 20 minutes total? Didn't dry it out at all.

3 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Yep! I cut them in half first. Honestly the soft texture had me a little worried. But it was cooked all the way through, no issue. Just broiled for a few minutes on each side, kept a close watch on it. Probably in the oven 20 minutes total? Didn't dry it out at all.

Oh forgot to ask also: did you sous vide with skin on?

Just now, ms.sss said:

Oh forgot to ask also: did you sous vide with skin on?

They came skinless. I think if it had skin, it would be very unappealing flabby. I'm not sure how much broil time it would take to crisp it up.

4 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

They came skinless. I think if it had skin, it would be very unappealing flabby. I'm not sure how much broil time it would take to crisp it up.

yeah...LOLOLOLzzz

I must confess, I am a sucker for crispy skin...maybe I'd have to cook the meat and the skin separately then. There have been frozen turkey turkey breasts on sale for a while now since my own Thanksgiving so am going to try this out :)

Edited by ms.sss

Ok, this was last night's dinner. I did the turkey cutlets in fresh herbs and ghee with a butter-finished pan sauce. I also came up with an lc manhattan and made sf cheesecake portions with sf cherry preserves. Was delish. But not sure it was worth the 2lbs up...

thanksgiving-dinner-2019_5166.thumb.JPG.6ecb9bca8389366b927b051205262ecf.JPG thanksgiving-dinner-2019_5167.thumb.JPG.ceb35fe822a68b53042000979f70bfcb.JPG thanksgiving-dinner-2019_5168.thumb.JPG.edf89cef3205ad326186eee8a1bd6d42.JPG thanksgiving-dinner-2019_5169.thumb.JPG.10361cdec4188d71bcec4e8f59404e55.JPG thanksgiving-dinner-2019-lowcarb-manhattan_5170.thumb.JPG.6ece8756feb471b1161b054730a1d15f.JPG thanksgiving-dinner-2019-lowcarb-cheesecake-sfcherry-preserves_5172.thumb.JPG.7183133234142c9d36cc8115d95bc175.JPG

Looks magazine worthy @FluffyChix

You know those 2 lbs aren't real though, right? Turkey, squash, sf dessert can't have enough cals for 2 lbs of fat gain, especially overnight.

2 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Looks magazine worthy @FluffyChix

You know those 2 lbs aren't real though, right? Turkey, squash, sf dessert can't have enough cals for 2 lbs of fat gain, especially overnight.

I know realistically it's just Fluid (or most of it is), but it's such a mindfu*k! Right? :(

Yesterday, Thu, Nov. 28
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 113.4 lbs

It it just me, or can anyone else predict when they are going to see a gain or loss before getting on the scale? Further, the majority of the time I am eerily scary of knowing beforehand what my actual weight will be (with a margin of error of 1-2oz). For the past two mornings, I got it exactly right. Maybe I should work as one of those weight-guessers at fairs on the side....

P.S. still sick :(

9:30am - coffee w/ stevia + chicken broth

12:30pm - a couple pea shoots + napa cabbage + carrots + vinaigrette + 1 slice bacon + 1/2 avocado + 1 tbsp of egg

2:00pm - 1 Love Good Fats Keto coconut macadamia nut bar.

5:00pm - 1 cup dashi broth + 1/2 package shiratake noodles + 2.5 oz bbq pork + 5g pea shoots

8:00pm - 1oz bbq pork + 1 oz almonds + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1 oz candied ginger

Totals: 1051 cals - 55g Protein - 46g NET carbs - 65g fat

Edited by ms.sss

I hope you feel better soon hon! PS you gave it to me. :( Sux.

Today, Fri, Nov. 29
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 113.4 lbs

So I was HUNGRY today, actually probably more like "SNACKY"...I was constantly in the kitchen staring into the fridge or pantry looking for something to eat. There was a cheesecake in the fridge calling to me all morning, and I answered the call by cutting myself a slice after my meal. Turns out it wasn't yummy enough for the privilege to claim space in my stomach, so after my one bite, I gave the rest to Mr.

P.S. dried mangoes have alot of carbs! I realized this AFTER I ate it when i logged into MFP. Note to self: check macros before going to town on stuff...

9:30am - coffee w/ stevia + tea w/ stevia

12:30pm - 1 cup dashi broth + 1/2 package shiratake noodles + pea shoots + green onions + 2.5 oz sirloin steak + 1/2 almonds + 1/2 oz candied ginger + 1 tbsp lemon cheesecake

3:00pm - Napa cabbage + carrots + blueberries + pumpkin seeds + 1/2 avocado + vinaigrette + 1 Love Good Fats coconut macadamia nut bar

5:00pm - 1/2 avocado + 1/2 cup almond milk + blueberries + grapes + 4 oz dried mangoes

8:30pm - 6.5 oz Cevapi + 1 tbsp black Beans + 1/3 oz chicharron

10:00pm - 1/2 cup dashi broth w/ 1/2 oz oyster mushrooms + 1/3 cup raspberry lime sorbetto + 1/2 oz pumpkin seeds

Totals: 1615 cals - 58g Protein - 173g NET carbs - 66g fat

Edited by ms.sss

Yesterday, Sunday, Dec. 1
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 116.3 lbs

Xmas party season has officially begun. Had an indulgent Saturday (client holiday party) and an even more indulgent Sunday (family bday lunch then had a Friends-mas at BFF's place as she and her fam are leaving for vacay next week.

Spoiler alert: I was taken down by Desserts and alcohol this weekend. And I am being punished for it by feeling like absolute CRAP this morning: sluggish, tired, cranky, crampy, bloated, and unbelievably thirsty. It's only 11:30am and I've drank over 2 litres of Water already (plus 1 coffeee & cup of broth).

Oh, and the scale says I've gained 2.9 lbs since Friday. I'd love to say its all poop, but I had a total-intestine-clearing number 2 yesterday as a result of too many Italian almond Cookies, so that's definitely not it.

Anyhoo...I'm enacting a weekday dessert embargo for the remainder of the month to balance out the inevitable dessert eating on weekends.

8:30am - coffee w/ stevia + tea w/ stevia

1:30pm - 1/2 side caesar salad sans croutons + 1/2 side goat cheese and beet salad + 1 slice Lemon Curd Cake + 2 glasses red wine

3:00pm - 1 slice Lemon Curd Cake + 1 cup greek yogurt + 10 blueberries + 5 green grapes + 1.5 oz almonds

6:00pm to 2:00am -

• 6 oysters on half shell
  • 5 oz prime rib w/ gravy
  • 1 cup spring mix salad w/ strawberries, goat cheese & candied walnuts
  • 16 mini Italian almond cookies
  • 3 mini biscotti
  • 10 dark chocolate covered coffee beans
  • 1 oz candied ginger
  • 2 HUGE pistachio cannolis
  • 4 glasses red wine

Totals: 3574 cals - 123g Protein - 301g NET carbs - 186g fat

Man, I can relate. It's crazy weird how easy it is to pack on the pounds from one or two parties! It struck a bit of sobriety into me to think how quickly, poof! The pounds could come back without following a plan!

LOL on 16 MINI ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES! (am I yelling? cuz, you know. 16!!! Impressive! LOL. ((hugs)) )

A bigger question is...how on earth do you get up and go to work in the morning staying up to 2-3am? Me=Envious of those days. I get up at 4:30-5am most days and am asleep by 9 usually. LOL.

Ok, so today I'm back down to pre-Fatsgiving weight of 132.2lbs. Am trying still to break the mythical envelope (130lbs). But clearly not trying TOO hard. However, 3 days of pretty good eating got me back in the saddle and weight came off. It's always scary to imagine the day when that happens, but the weight doesn't magically fall off any longer. I quake to consider that!

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Maintenance, F, 5'4", 57yo, 21 m PO RNY, 132.2lbs

B1 - 1 Protein latte (1oz PP) + egg white puff with spinach and ham + radish mushroom hash

L - Vegetable beef Soup with spinach

D - Cod Loin & shrimp piccata (unbreaded) with LO Greek salad, steamed broccoli

BS - 1 cheesecake bar + whipped cream + walnuts + sf Hershey's chocolate + sf Smucker's Caramel Syrup

Daily Totals: 941 cals; 67g protein; 56g fat; 36g carbs; 4g fiber; 32g net carbs

32 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Man, I can relate. It's crazy weird how easy it is to pack on the pounds from one or two parties! It struck a bit of sobriety into me to think how quickly, poof! The pounds could come back without following a plan!

LOL on 16 MINI ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES! (am I yelling? cuz, you know. 16!!! Impressive! LOL. ((hugs)) )

A bigger question is...how on earth do you get up and go to work in the morning staying up to 2-3am? Me=Envious of those days. I get up at 4:30-5am most days and am asleep by 9 usually. LOL.

I actually consider it a win that I logged 16. I know for sure that if I didn't log each and ever single one that I popped in my mouth throughout the night, I would have eaten much, much, much more than 16.

As for the sleep, I've always been a go-to-bed late person for as long as I remember. Though as I've gotten older, I've also become a get-up-early person...which results in very little sleep overall. :(

...it helps though that I mostly work from home, so I don't need to be too alert all the time, LOL.

Edited by ms.sss

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

I actually consider it a win that I logged 16. I know for sure that if I didn't log each and ever single one that I popped in my mouth throughout the night, I would have eaten much, much, much more than 16.

As for the sleep, I've always been a go-to-bed late person for as long as I remember. Though as I've gotten older, I've also become a get-up-early person...which results in very little sleep overall. :(

...it helps though that I mostly work from home, so I don't need to be too alert all the time, LOL.

I adore that you faithfully log every honest bite and sip! I love that you know if you hadn't been accountable you would have eaten even more. Holy hell, how sick were you? Lay on the floor sweating and wanting to die sick?

Yeah, the whole sleep thing is cray the older I get! :( I always was a nightowl too. But now, crap! I'm lucky to make it to 4:30 or 5am! Then I'm like, "OK, time to go to work!"