Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Worst Fat Day EVER!

Airplane and bus bathrooms are just too small - period!! I don't know how anyone at any weight fits into them. And try changing a toddler on an airplane bathroom change table - yeah, right - even my baby didn't fit!

Here's my fat horror story. Me and dh were walking one day for exercise a few years ago and some punka** kids were walking by, looked at me, and one of them sang, "Lowered expectations." I can't remember what TV show that's from - but that song intro belonged to a scene where a large man and woman were walking along a beach. I didn't realize what they meant for a minute, and then I cried all the way home - about 2 miles!! It was so awful.

Missmonaaz, you're a talented, beautiful woman, and if you've got this much confidence radiating from you now, then look out world when you lose the weight you want to go back to singing. I can't wait to see it! Is there a city you usually perform at? You'll have to let us all know.

That's just awful Lindata, I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. Kids can be so cruel. That song is from MADTV and I was always offended by it when it came on. Those kids better be glad I wasn't there because I would have asked my husband to take off his belt and I would have lowered their expectation of sitting down for a few days and they would have been the ones crying all the way home! :heh:

Thank you so much for sharing your "worst fat day story" with us. I have been feeling very blue for about two days and have been feeling very sorry for myself and crying alot too. When I first read your post I got tears in my eyes remembering the "hurts" I have lived through. Then I reread your post and started laughing out loud. You definitely have a talent for expressing yourself.

I wish you the best with your lap banding. You will love it. It is wonderful to not be a slave to food anymore, to never not feel full, and to not to try to fight out of control food cravings. I was banded in late August and it has been the "best" experience of my life. Everyday I am amazed how it is working for me and how so much has changed in such a short time. I have so much hope now for my life.

I wish for you much success and if you ever need a friend I will be hear for you. Good luck to you!

shelli:girl_hug:

It is wonderful to not be a slave to food anymore, to never not feel full, and to not to try to fight out of control food cravings.

Shelli, what an an incredibly true statement. I am 1/2 way through my pre-op diet now, I realize it could mean the difference between a successful and unsuccessful outcome to my surgery, yet I still find myself trying to "cheat" and I am only cheating myself. I really have no self-control when it comes to eating. A true prayer for me would be "Lord, please save me from myself!" I am truly my own worst enemy. I cannot wait to join you and not be a slave to food any longer.

I am here for you if you need me as well. Be blessed.

Shelli, what an an incredibly true statement. I am 1/2 way through my pre-op diet now, I realize it could mean the difference between a successful and unsuccessful outcome to my surgery, yet I still find myself trying to "cheat" and I am only cheating myself. I really have no self-control when it comes to eating. A true prayer for me would be "Lord, please save me from myself!" I am truly my own worst enemy. I cannot wait to join you and not be a slave to food any longer.

I am here for you if you need me as well. Be blessed.

The liquid pre-op diet was the hardest part of the whole process for me as well as for many others. The only advice I have is to take each day at a time and do the very best you can do. It will be over before you know it and you will be proud of yourself that you did your very best.

Regards,

shelli:girl_hug:

And Mona, I would also add that you are your own best friend! Look what you are willing to go through to support your wonderful body that has supported you for so long.

You couldn't be your own worst enemy - from where I sit, you are someone who cares deeply for yourself and I love how you take care of you. Just your willingness to step into THIS, is a testament to THAT.

LOVE to you Angel.

Wow, so this shows we are not alone. We have all been through it. I have flown 10+ plus hurs serveral times in the past fews years. Not fun. I always ask for the table, no booth. I always make a careful assesment of the cars before I sit in them. (the nerve of Starbucks having such small patio chairs and all they serve is sugar!) I nerver go to football or basketball games anymore because staduim seats so small. I never been stuck in an airplane restroom but I have sure felt uncomfortable in them.

Mona, you and all the others here rocks. We are winning the battle!!!!! :whoo:

Thunder, I love your post. It reminds me of when I spent the night at a friends house a few months ago (at 220 pounds) and when I got in the bunkbed top, a slat broke.

Thank god I had already been doing a lot of work on my thinking and really beginning to love and appreciate my body, cause she said to me: "Oh don't worry, please don't be ashamed". and I said to her, "I'm not ashamed; I'm not the one that built the bed". We laughed so hard we practically peed!

I love that the "battle" has become a sweet collaboration between me, my sweet body, and all the support out there, including my band. Isn't that just fine?!

I am excited for you and here to help in any way I can.

Lisa