Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Weeks Post Op Today!

Stats:
Starting: 226.8

Surgery: 205.7 (I think... it was 205. something

Today: 187.3

All wounds are fully healed. I noticed the last 2-1 days I haven't had ANY pain (including that weird sharp pain by the main incision site that would sometimes hurt if I did something stressful to it by accident). So far I haven't thrown up at all. This past week I started walking laps around my neighborhood lake (which is about a mile). I have done 2 laps every day, with 1 day adding a mile to walk home from the lake, and yesterday I did the 2 laps TWICE in the same day (early AM and at sunset). Starting to pick up my speed too. It takes me an average of 20 minutes which is great. That is closer to what I used to do. I am technically on the soft stage of my diet until day 36 (this is day 28). BUT... I saw the nutritionist today. She was very proud of my progress. I have been worried that I haven't been meeting my Water goal, but she is sure I am there if you include the water in the foods I eat. She loves the way I am doing my meals. She said I can pretty much try to eat anything that I want to try (sticking to the high protein/low carb/low fat guidelines). Guess that means I am beyond the soft diet early... if I tolerate it. She commented that "I am ahead the curve" with my diet and weight loss. They consider a BMI of 29 or lower to be a success... and I am already almost there. But I intend to get a lot lower than that. Anyhow, feeling pretty good. Pants are less tight. Shirts are much looser. Had to buy smaller bras. Bought smaller sneakers and workout clothes. Holding off on "work" clothes until closer to next month when I actually go back to work. Doc gave me a full 8 weeks, but I actually am getting 9 because of a work-wide vacation next week (I work for a school district and we have an October Break... and I guess it doesn't count when taking sick leave).

On Sunday I have to drive to CA from AZ... my daughter is scheduled to perform at Disney CA Adventure... so I HAVE to go to a theme park lol. Not sure how my energy will hold up. I am feeling pretty good this week (FINALLY), but I do still get tired. I thought I had a hotel right next to the Mickey Mouse parking garage shuttle, but they rerouted pedestrian traffic so it is too far to walk when tired. Changed hotels to one across the street from another parking lot tram... but it will be much further away so I don't know if I will want to take so much time to go back and rest mid-day. Still, it is an option. It is just my daughter and myself going... but I can let her go with another family if I do need to leave the park (her dance team is performing together, but forming their own family/friend groups as desired the rest of the time). Also need to figure out what I am going to eat while there. I scheduled reservations for early dinner, so that we have INDOOR reserved seating to allow me to rest for a while. I think I can have Soup or a caprese salad appetizer in the one place, and chili the other day/place. Or just pick off my daughters plate but she didn't like the thought of me doing that lol. Now I have to figure out what the heck I am going to eat the rest of the time at the park! The hotel has scrambled egg and sausage for Breakfast, so that will work. I know I will have a Protein Shake each day (but have to keep it cold or I won't drink it). Dinner as I said is covered... but then I have 2-3 other snack/meals to worry about. It will also be interesting to see what ride I can go on and tolerate. I think I will be fine for most of them... but do worry about the few that are kind of Jerky (indiana Jones etc) or super fast (wonder how that will make my stomach feel?). I really want to participate as much as I can, I just hope I get through this trip without setting myself back. I would rather not go right now... but this trip has been planned for a year.