Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 pounds lost in total and gaining it back

I'm discouraged. I have been ok with this small loss (this includes preop wt. loss) knowing that 'in the future' it will come off. I had my 1st fill yesterday and I don't feel it. I have to wait 2 weeks for another fill and I'm becoming depressed about this. I haven't had restriction even after surgery. I feel like it's one of those many attempts that I've tried that will fail. I tried Optifast last year at this time and did not lose anything. That was expensive. I paid cash for this operation. I really have been ok with all this but tonite I am beginning to feel dismay. I have no motivation to do any diet or exercise; what for? it will just fail like all the other times. I know this is whining and I wouldn't do it if I didn't need your help. I'm afraid to get back on the scale...:)

Hi,

I am just over 3 weeks post op, and although I lost quite a lot on Optifast the 2 weeks pre-op, I have only lost 3lbs since then.

It is very discouraging - the 3lb loss since surgery includes me putting 3lbs back on then losing again!!!

Lots of people have said that they didn't lose - or even gained weight before their first fill, so I am trying to hold onto that idea. Also, although the scales don't seem to be moving much, people are noticing that I am losing - are you losing inches, maybe, but not pounds yet.

I don't have any answers for you, but just wanted to say that I am having these feelings too, and I am sure that once you have restricyion you will do great.

Good luck.

Don't get discouraged. At my support group there was a girl who had only lost 8lbs., and her surgery was in August. Then there was another lady who actually detailed her weight loss. It wasn't until her 3rd fill that she hit that "sweet spot" that gave her the perfect amount of restriction. After that she started to really see the weight come off. Are you exercising? I know there was another lady who was really discouraged too. She was exercising every day, and still was not seeing the weight loss on the scale, but her clothes were fitting better, and most importantly she felt better. Remember muscle weighs more than fat. I know we all want to see results. We paid alot of money, and we had surgery! We want results. But hang in there. Stay positive.

i so needed to here that i am not alone in this. i had my surgery on oct.23rd. with my pre-op weight i lost a total of 14 pds. gained 2 before first fill on nov.8th. and now i have lost NOTHING!!!!! i am trying not to get depressed but i feel this is just another failed attempt at losing weight. after all this i still feel i am aloser. i startes walking 2 miles so maybe that will help. i sure hope so. my next fill won't be until dec. i hope i fill some restriction after it. as of right ow i fill like nothing is different.

Child of Yeshua,

Keep reading, you will see we are all in the same boat. Try reading the threads from older bandsters after several fills. I have not been filled yet so I am jealous and you only have to wait 2 weeks for the next one! Some are waiting 2 months! Hang in there. You'll get there. And I say put that scale away! Concentrate on what you are doing right.

I agree, get rid of the scale and just do what you know you are suppose to do. You made the right decision http://www.LapBandTalk.com/images/smilies/clap2.gif to get started not keep going. The band will work if you believe you can do it. Get those positive thoughts going again. On another note, can some one tell be how to add those cute trackers to my message. I have one, but do not know how to get it to my message.

Maybe i figured it out!

noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wJin1im/weight.png[/image]

[/link]

Well, the first week after my first fill, i lost 8 pounds, and then the second week I gained 7 back! I felt restriction and then I didnt. I dont get it. My next fill is tomorrow, thank goodness. I just dont know what is going on. I am going to make sure that the 5cc's that were in there two weeks ago are still there. I sure hope I dont have a pinhole or something. That would be tragic, as I am self pay, and any complications are going to break us financially.

Hi Iluvcarbs: Where or how, did you find a support group? I'm assuming it is other than this one? There's nothing like the encouragement of people you can talk to face to face and see how they are faring also. Thanks:)Laura

hatmama I am in Phoenix. It is a support group sponsored by the surgeons. That is one thing that attracted me to this surgeon was the post-op support. That night I went in with such buyers remorse and "woe is me attitude". After hearing everyone else's stories and struggles I felt like I was on top of the world. It made me realize how lucky I was. They also gave good tips for getting though the holidays. Hatmama if you are in Phoenix private message me and I will send you the info. We have another support group that is open to everyone.

I find that drinking Water helps tremendously with losing weight. I don't know if any of you guys ever did Weight Watchers, but I noticed I would always lose more weight if I had drank the recommended amount of water. I have also cut out sugars and white breads, and pastas. I think that has helped me a lot too.

Thank you all for responding to this post. I still haven't lost anything but I can feel a little of the feeling of restriction. Certainly not enough because I'm hungry between meals and can eat more than I should be able to at meals.

I still haven't been able to really get the Water thing going on and eating on a regular schedule without any in between is tough. Eating in the middle of the night is still a problem.

On top of all this, I have the ultimate excuse. My faithful companion, my empath cat...my love of my life had to be put down on Saturday. I have had her 20.5 years, since she was 8 weeks old. She knew me so well...and I had to do this for her...so hard. She got old: and in the last week she was unable to really stand on her back legs. She'd fall over if you breathed on her. I still can't believe she's gone. We buried her in a secluded patch in our front yard.

It hurts.

cQ, Please know we are there for you , I know how discouraging it must be but hang in there sweetie it will happen for you I am sure of that. I am truly sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty, I also am a animal lover and find much comfort in my precious Maltese.

Huge hugs - I am so sorry for your loss. I have cats and dogs, and don't know how I would get on without them.

You are having such a tough time - 2008 will soon be here, hang on, and try and have faith in your future - it is waiting for us.