Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Didn't know where to put this but I need some help!

This could go here or in food.... but really, I think I need support most of all.

I started the soft foods today, start solids a week from today. All I can say is it was a rought start. I was so excited to have a soft boiled egg but MAN it was bad news. I clearly messed up and ate it too fast or didn't chew well enough. If I was worried about my band having slipped before (which I am so paranoid about) this was a clear sign that is THERE and it was NOT happy.

Got over it within a few minutes (and throwing up part of the egg and the Water that I drank in hopes to help it down). I was so scared that I decided to be DONE and later had chili in the blender again. If it is this bad already what is it going to be like when I start solids????

I am back to the "Oh my God, what have I done?" stage that I thought I had gone through for the one and only time my second day post op.

Please tell me I am not the only one who has done this, who feels like this and who is SO paranoid that I made my band slip when I threw up.

TIA!

Emmy, slow down, relax, take teeny tiny bites, and chew well. Some banded people can't do eggs. Try some other soft foods and see how you do. You're doing fine!

I agree !

Just take your time - it's harder than it sounds....

OH ! And BTW ! Drinking Water when your eating is not a good move - it'll probably make you PB if the food doesn't... remember no fluids at least 30 minutes each side of eating!

Try scrambled egg or a thicker Soup to start with (maybe some ptoato mashed with gravy?)... & chew chew chew !

Keep your chin up love, you'll get there !

Aud x

Emmy.. a litle advice..I have been banded for 9 months and I still do not do hard boiled egss..I have always had a hard time with those even pre band. Try something different..refired Beans, cottage cheese , softly scrambled eggs, but not hard boiled eggs . Trust me your band is fine...if it slipped you would know it because you would not even be able to keep down Water without throwing up. You are OK.. :cool:

I would stay away from eggs until you're much farther along - if then. I've been banded for over a year and cannot eat eggs. Just because you cannot eat an egg does not mean that you will have a hard time when you move to solids. I would start with foods softer than a soft boiled egg: yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. Don't worry! You'll be fine.

Nancy

Hi Emmy,

Everyone is right, you have nothing to worry about. I remember starting in on solid food and finding out the hard way I was just not ready. Just because your doctor's guidelines mention some particular food on some particular day doesn't mean you will absolutely be able to handle it. Scrambled eggs in particular are a popular "mushy" food, but I know of LOTS of people who just can't do them at all.

Take it slow, and listen to your banded tummy. Allow some real time between bites to see how things are sitting. Pace yourself! You're doing great. :cool:

Egg salad is wonderful too. I still 8 weeks post op and I still rely on my chili, egg or tuna salads. I don't do french fries (got one stuck) either. In the very beginning I ate tiny bit of mashed potatoes with fat free sour cream, OMG it was heaven.

Since I've had a fill I'm very particular about solid food, errr well my band is very particular. Before my fill I had gotten so I could almost eat normally and it's been difficult getting back into the habit of eating SLOW and tiny bites.

Good Luck

Actually, boiled eggs are a bit harder to digest. I started out with liquid eggs (you know, Egg Beaters and that kind of thing). They are easier going down at least for me. Even now, I can tell the different going down if I've eaten liquid eggs scrambled or a regular egg scrambled.

Emmy,

I agree with everyone. I myself use to love a boiled egg every now and then but as of late I avoid them seems it just does not go down like they use too. And I learned my lesson on trying to help something go down with Water just does not help..

We learn as we go..

Well I don't even want to SEE another egg, lol.

Thank you everyone. Feeling better today - trying new things (old "new" things) and now am realizing, as I gain some freedom with what I eat that there is now a choice of what to eat. That actually scares me a bit.

Thanks again. You all are so great.

Emmy,

Don't worry! It has been two weeks for me and I started eating solids after the first week. (My doctor said I could). Anyway, I just make sure that I chew my food to mush. It seems a little gross at first, but I am getting to enjoy any food and still lose the weight. I have lost 15lbs. in two weeks. I was banded on Jan. 11th. I can tell when I have overeaten. I feel alot of pressure. Like the miseralbe fullness I used to get when I pigged out, which was often. A lot of people throw up, I am not going to let myself get there. It hurts to throw up. My body tried to twice the first few days, and ouch!!! I had doubts during my first week because I was so sore. Now, I feel great about it. Just hang in there! Remember, chew to mush and eat slow. It works for me!!!!!!!

My doctor's nutritionist put eggs both scrambled and hard boiled on the list of ok foods. But OH MAN!!! No way, I can't do them. I don't even want to see another egg again. I emailed the nutrionist last week to tell her she should take that off because I have been reading in the forums about how many people have trouble with eggs, and she hasn't responded.

Emmy - don't get discouraged darling, try something else. Try chopped up chicken salad, and you will see it wasn't you, it was the food.

I have had no problem with eggs. I ate them after the first week. I didn't do hard boiled, just scambled. I can eat them anyway now. Just make sure you chew them up really well! Did you have a hard time digesting eggs before your surgery?