Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crazy Ates: GET TO KNOW ME!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

My apologies for being remiss in my job -- I haven't started a thread in a while.....but here's one to get us busy 'getting to know each other' again! Cut and paste and change your answers:

WHAT ARE YOU MOST THANKFUL FOR? Hands down, I am thankful to the Lord for the life He has given me on this earth and the eternal life He has promised me. I'm also thankful for a wonderful husband, four awesome kids that I adore, their partners/spouses and two phenomenal grandchildren.

DO YOU STAY AT your HOME OR DO YOU GO TO VISIT FAMILY? We're homebodies, whenever possible. My daughter and her family are in Michigan visiting, but everyone else will be here tomorrow. Growing up I spent more than half of my holidays AWAY from home, and though I had fun and they were great memories, I just like it better when we can stay home.

WHAT ONE THING ARE YOU GOING TO ENJOY TOMORROW (AND THE CALORIES BE DAMNED!) One small slice of Caramel Apple Pie from Sam's Club

WHAT ONE food ARE YOU GOING TO WISELY SKIP, BUT MISS INTENSELY? Pecan Pie, I'm not even gonna make one, so I don't have to deal with the temptation!

DO YOU HAVE A SET MENU? We're keeping it fairly simple and old school...

• Ham
  • Turkey
  • Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
  • Cornbread Dressing
  • Whole Kernal Corn
  • Green Beans
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Brown N Serve Rolls
  • Assorted Desserts including the aforementioned Caramel Apple Pie

WHAT TIME OF DAY DO YOU "do" THANKSGIVING dinner? 1 pm -- but the grazing continues all afternoon during commercial breaks in the football games! :)

DO YOU DRESS THE TABLE AND EAT "FORMAL STYLE" (Would Martha be proud?) OR GO AT IT BUFFET OR BOARDING-HOUSE STYLE (Would Roseanne feel at home?)? We're VERY informal around here -- all the extra prep and clean up is pretty, but its less time to just have fun and hang out.

WHAT EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (non-eating!) DO YA'LL DO? The guys watch football. The gals chat, plan shopping excursions, play cards or dominos and there's always a jigsaw puzzle to piddle with. Last year we busted out of the routine and went to see Marie Antoinette at the movies.

What did I skeer ya off with all the food talk??

No, no Nana! You are really an ace at this. I still have my house guests here.....my sister, my BIL, my niece & nephew. BIL, nephew, my hubby and a few cousins got tickets to tonight's Steeler game (the rain is falling....yuk!!) so they are not leaving until tomorrow. Today was "girls day out" shopping...a very rainy and grey day but fun. My sisters, my niece and my daughter got some great bargains. I got a few Yankee candles and a Christmas table cloth at Williams Sonoma (could NOT pass it up.....to die for!) so after that, my budget was blown!!! We're all headed to Bally's gym now to get in some post holiday weekend exercising before we settle in to watch the game. I just had to check in here before going to get my head back in "LapBand world" since I really wrecked my eating plan today picking at pumpkin pie (crustless) and some tortillas with spiced pinapple salsa. AHHHHHH!

Thanks for keeping up with your "getting to know you" job! If I get a break later.....I will definitely come back to chime in!

Sounds like you are a fun person to hang out with!!!!