Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skany Evil Repulsive Patient Coordinators

So quick to attack when you don't even know what this is all about! It's about some random nurse rebutting warnings about how dangerous Mexico is. She follows my posts to defend Tijuana, when all I'm trying to do is save others from getting raped like I was when I went to TJ for a LapBand consult. You can see how I made it all up by reading what Transformer posted (click on the link) yet while Transformer defends the good nurse in this post, he contradicts himself by posting my exact warnings elsewhere. This isn't a popularity contest, it's real life & death, and her link is just a bonus. Why not add how terribly dangerous it is so people that rely on her amazing research can at least take the extra safety precautions when they go to Mexico? That link makes things sound just peaches in Fabulous Tijuana when in reality, it's a damn scary place. If you haven't followed every post, why not calm down till you understand what's going on here?

FOXNews.com - Report: Sophisticated Robbers Target Tourists in Baja California - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I've been going there at least twice a year since my banding in 2004. It's not scary or dangerous. However, there was a police shooting 2 miles from my house which has me a bit worried! You don't really know what you are talking about. Sorry.

Like I've said before, WASa doesn't exactly pull punches about Mexico. She's honest about the docs that don't have great complication statistics, that are completely crappy docs, that lack follow-up or don't do the complete surgery themselves. She's also been completely honest about which areas of Mexico are not desirable areas (I believe she's called them "the armpits of Mexico"). And yet we're supposed to believe that she's a coordinator for surgeons in Mexico? Please, the woman doesn't even tell everyone that the surgeon she used is perfect for everyone. She's an advocate for people DOING THEIR RESEARCH and choosing THE BEST SURGEON FOR THEM. If someone fails to do the research and chooses a surgeon based on their own subjective reasons, they can't come back and blame someone else for not telling them about their surgeon. They should have researched him and found out everything about him before they committed to using him. The fact is, like I said earlier in this thread, events that are not isolated will be talked about among former patients. And if an event is isolated, there's just as much chance of it occuring with a US surgeon as a Mexican one. So if, for example, someone chooses a certain Mexican surgeon and gets pissed off after surgery because he doesn't do any of the aftercare himself, that is something they would have known about in advance if they had researched because it's common knowledge among his patients.

Y'all talkin jis fine!!!

I'm a she, by the way, which goes to show that you don't know diddly-squat about me or what I think. :) I didn't contradict anything I said in my post about violence in Mexico. Here it is in its entirety so it isn't "twisted" to suit your venomous purposes:

"Incidents of Violence in Mexico

This story from Fox News about attacks on Americans in Mexico just caught my eye:

FOXNews.com - Report: Sophisticated Robbers Target Tourists in Baja California - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Mind you, I'm even afraid to venture out in the dark here at home--I'm such a wimp! eek.gif

In any case, be careful traveling if there are any hospitals that perform lapband surgery in the areas mentioned by the article!"

Any sane and rational human being can see that I stated a fact--the story caught my eye and I thought folks researching doctors in Mexico might be interested in reading the story.

I'm not "defending the good nurse" either (although I believe you are a good nurse WASa!). All I said was that her "research" thread was not promoting a particular doctor or medical practice. I stated a fact. I didn't say that any of the doctors doing bands in Mexico were even near the area where those crimes were supposedly committed. I'm already a happy bandster and to be honest, I could care less who does bands in Mexico.

Wasa's research information was provided to make people think before just leaping onto the cheapest doctor's bandwagon without considering any other factors. That entire thread was meant to prod people to do the legwork they need to do to learn about potential doctors and medical practices before committing to an invasive surgical procedure. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making people think--who wouldn't defend such a sound practice? ;)

Her goal in starting that thread was not to research and document the crime rate of Tijuana, Mexico. Hopefully, if someone wants surgery done there badly enough, he or she will be smart enough to research those statistics before rushing off blindly. If not, then the consequences will rest on that person's head. It's called personal responsibility.

Can those who are keeping up with this thread do me a quick favor and let me know if I am writing effectively using an appropriate United States' dialect of the English language? I'm getting the impression that my posts are terribly difficult to read and comprehend. :wacko:

Here's one more fact I'd like to state before I go. I used to work for a pharmaceutical company back in the day. Lots of wonderful medications have been invented to help people cope with the stress of their everyday lives.:faint:

this thread is how can I say it....

yes...OF THE HOOK!!!!!

AHHH....I guess poor tits....won't be back for more......

she has to make like a tree and leaf FOREVER!!!!

:);)

unless....eres masoquista y quieres mas!!

translation

.....unless ....you are a masoquist and want some more!!!:deadhorse:

I know I am going to sound like an idiot but I find myself feeling kinda feel sorry for Tits. She has serious Anger Issues for sure and my hunch is that her brain chemistry is out of whack; she likely needs to be on antidepressants and mood stabilizers. Her displays of anger and bitterness indicate that she is in trouble and is suffering.

I know I am going to sound like an idiot but I find myself feeling kinda feel sorry for Tits. She has serious Anger Issues for sure and my hunch is that her brain chemistry is out of whack; she likely needs to be on antidepressants and mood stabilizers. Her displays of anger and bitterness indicate that she is in trouble and is suffering.

Nope. Just kind hearterd. That's why we keep you around green. :)

It isn't like she does not know there is an issue going on there. It's her choice to get treatment or not.

Some behaviors are out of the control of the person, I don't see that in this case. She knows full well what she is doing and prefers to continue on with those behaviors. You just can't blame treating people badly, throwing insults left and right, trashing people non stop, and total dishonesty on a behavior that is not within her control.

"You just can't blame treating people badly, throwing insults left and right, trashing people non stop"

MY GOSH, ARE YOU FOR FUCKING REAL, LADY?

Non-stop, you say? I haven't been back to this thread all weekend till someone pointed out that you're still trashing me here, while your other personality continues to follow me around the board replying to another, entirely unrelated, topic I started. You're whacked. And scary. Let it go already.

It's like having my own personal stalked. I guess I should be flattered.

"You just can't blame treating people badly, throwing insults left and right, trashing people non stop"

Non-stop, you say? I haven't been back to this thread all weekend till someone pointed out that you're still trashing me here, while your other personality continues to follow me around the board replying to another, entirely unrelated, topic I started. You're whacked. And scary. Let it go already.

She responded to what someone else said. And you promised you would leave. So make good on your promise and leave Was alone.

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...........

Responding to a thread I started and posted in long before your time is not stalking dear. It's how message boards work. I have no cares or concerns about what anyone else posts to you, take it to the author.

It's awful when you have to accept consequences for your own behaviors, eh?

I thought you were going to leave? Another lie I suppose.

"Responding to a thread I started and posted in long before your time"

Lady, you're not well. You didn't start the post. Is lying a hobby or an illness?

Is the information on this board wrong because it indicates she did. If she didn't start it, who did?