Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany GA bandsters - speak up...

Hi Guys,

Went for my post-op visit today and was down 15 pounds since pre-surgery visit on 1/9/08!!! I am so excited. Dr. B. said I was doing remarkably well and moved me to soft foods. I am so excited. Had chicken noodle Soup tonight and did fine. No reflux, vomiting, or stuck feeling so far. I've got to get used to not drinking during or after, but that will become easier with time. Terry metioned the website and the meeting and seemed excited about the possibility in taking part in both. I too think that will be a great idea. I'm about three hours from Tifton though and would like to perhaps attend a group setting at Palmyra. Hope it happens soon. Today was the first time I "officially" felt like a "bandster"!

It doesn't look so much like a rash anymore, more like a big humongous bruise. Its more purple now than red. But it isnt hot anymore so I am glad they gave me the antibiotics just to be safe.

That is Awesome BambooBabe! 15 lbs IS GREAT! I'm on mushy foods too, and let me tell you I had mashed potatoes yesterday and it was heaven, lol. Georgia girl put a great cheesy tuna recipe up and I'm going to add a little more sour cream and cheese to make it easier to go down. I am having a really tough time getting my Protein in, so this morning I am drinking a protien shake with double scoup of whey so 46 g of protein and then for lunch gonna try that tuna recipe for some more!

Mia;

I'm glad your feeling better about your port site. Sounds like the antibiotics are doing the trick. Where can I find that tuna recipe. And what type of Protein are you using. I could only find the low carb slim fast that I liked. Bought some stuff from GNC, but it tastes awful!!! Had a soft scrambled egg for Breakfast. Yum!!!

Look under the foods section on here or you can look on georgia girls profile and click on view recent posts and it should show up there. I got my protien stuff at Walmart. Its in a gigantc container called body fortress whey Protein, i got the chocolate kind and its low cal, low sugar and carbs and tastes pretty good. I used two scoops of it this mornign in my shake and that gave me 46G carbs. I usually mix it with FF skim milk because I didnt like it very much just mixed with Water. I am looking for a good unflavored Protein Powder to mix in with my mashed potatoes and other mushy foods though- if i come along one, Ill let ya know!

Bamboobabe- I use the low carb slim fast too. I really like it and it has 20 grams of Protein per can. I've been on solids for a long time and I still drink one every morning. I'm usually tighter in the mornings and it's a good source of Protein. I used to use the Pro Performance Whey protein powder (chocolate caramel) from GNC and mix it with skim milk. It was pretty good, but I like the convenience of the slim fast already made up in the cans.

Mia- glad to hear your spot is getting better!

Georgia Girl;

Thanks for the post. This can all seems so overwhelming at times and I just want to make sure that I do everything I can to get the most out of the band. Especially since I was self-pay!! This isn't like buying a treadmill that's better used as a clothes hanger. You seem to be doing great. You were an inspiration for me before getting banded. Thanks for all you do!

Georgia Girl;

Thanks for the post. This can all seems so overwhelming at times and I just want to make sure that I do everything I can to get the most out of the band. Especially since I was self-pay!! This isn't like buying a treadmill that's better used as a clothes hanger. You seem to be doing great. You were an inspiration for me before getting banded. Thanks for all you do!

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. This experience really can seem overwhelming at times. You seem like you have a positive perspective and you seem very motivated to make this work, that's very important. Keep up the great work, I can't wait until we can all Celebrate our success!

Georgia Girl;

I noticed that you've recorded another loss. Congratulations! I was just wondering, what is a typical day's eating for you? Do you aim for a certain number of calories/ low carb/ or anything special? Thanks again for your help.

Georgia Girl;

I noticed that you've recorded another loss. Congratulations! I was just wondering, what is a typical day's eating for you? Do you aim for a certain number of calories/ low carb/ or anything special? Thanks again for your help.

Hey Alli

Right now I am doing a low carb diet. I hit a plateau a while back and didn't lose hardly anything in a month. Low carb seems to work well for me, since we are supposed to eat Protein first anyway. I've also joined a couple of challenges on this site and that has helped a lot. It really keeps me motivated because I really want to meet these goals. Right now I am doing the Sweetheart Goal, the Atkins 2 week challenge, and the Jan - June weight challenge. These little mini goals help the overall goal not seem so big.

I'll share with you what I had today:

B'fast- low carb slim fast (I'm tighter in the mornings so this works well for me)

Lunch- Taco salad (no shell)- basically beef, lettuce, cheese and sour cream

Dinner- 1 chicken breast stuffed with creamed spinach, artichoke and red peppers

You just have to find what works best for you. I hope this helps!

I just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone.

Pamela

Looks like we are all progressing nicely! You are really dropping the pounds now, keep it up and you'll be at goal in no time.

Mia

How are you doing? Are you still having the problem around your port?

Take care!

Pamela

Looks like we are all progressing nicely! You are really dropping the pounds now, keep it up and you'll be at goal in no time.

Hey Jeannie! I just noticed you've lost 44 lbs, that's awesome!! I hope we are all at goal soon. I just can't believe how good everyone is doing!!!

My port area looks much better, it really looks like bruised blood vessels and veins more than anything. I go back to see Dr. B today to let him look at it again. I guess my swelling is gone because seriously, I can eat normal now- I'm trying really hard to stick to the protien first and eat healthy foods- I am so scared that I'm going to gain- I saw a two pound gain this week but my period is due this week so I am hoping that is it. Oh to fast forward to a fill. I'm scared I will regain all of this weight I've lost. Bandster hell is an appropriate word.

Hang in there Mia, I know exactly how you feel! I went through the same thing. I promise you, it will get better. You're on mushies right? Try to eat foods that will stay with you like oatmeal for breakfast, or canned tuna or chicken (very finely chopped). Stuff like mashed potatoes, pudding, and yogurt go down easily, but they don't stay with you very long. Remember Protein, protein, protein! Try to keep active too, that will help burn calories. You probably just need to walk since you're still healing. It's going to be hard until you get some decent restriction, but I know you can do it!