Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany GA bandsters - speak up...

Mia

I had a hard time drinking all the liquids they recomended too. When I called Dr B's office Terry said just do the best you can. Take small sips and sip constantly. Take care.

Mia- I had a very hard time getting in my fluids the first week. Dr. B seemed to think that I probably swell more than most people. I did get dehydrated which caused me to be very nauseous for the whole entire week. As long as you are not dehydrated, just keep trying to get in as much as you can. I agree with nip, stay on the Clear Liquids for a week, then move to Protein Drinks. I didn't use ensure, it's loaded with calories and sugar. Try the low carb slim fast, that's what I'm using now.........I think it has 20 grams of Protein per can.

well i had bought boost prior to surgery= but I never would touch it because of all the calories and sugar in it- so thankfully my daughter drank it. I did try to down a little slim fast yesterday and I couldnt get much of it down. I just feel so full after having a tiny bit of Water. I managed to drink about 1oz of chicken broth and I've had a popsicle. I've mainly just been sleeping alot and try to drink while I'm awake.

Did you guys get the little anti-nausea wrist band? The one that sends little zaps to your wrist? THAT THING IS DRIVING ME NUTS! I took it off last night and started to get nauseous so I put it back on but gosh- it is totally aggravating!! But I guess its better than being sick.

Mia - I used the wrist band constantly the first 2-3 days, then just when I started to feel nauseated. Make sure you keep the gel on it, it bothered me more when it dried out too much.

I should probably add some more gel to it. I'm trying to get some Water in while I'm awake. I have just been REALLY tired and am trying to rest all I can before i go back to work on Monday.

Mia

The wrist band is very irritating but like you said better than being nauseous. Keep sipping on those clear liquids and get plenty of rest. Take care.

Mia, do you absolutely, positively have to go back to work on Monday? You don't want to rush it if you're not up to it. I had my surgery on a Thursday with plans to go back on Monday. I ended up taking Monday off and only worked 1/2 days that week. Some of that was without pay since I ran out of sick pay. Don't push yourself too much.

I dont absolutely have to go monday- I've already told them I may just come in and get what I have to get done, done and then head home. I am lucky and actually live on the farm where I work so it won't be too bad going in. I'm going to try and hold out as long as I can. Mainly just resting and taking it easy. One question, when you're only on liquids does the whole stop drinking when you eat thing still apply? Or is that when you progress to the other stages?

Mia- I don't think it's going to matter until you start eating soft foods. I was so swollen for so long, I really didn't think about it. I basically had to take a teeny tiny sip every 15 minutes until week 2. One of the other ladies might be able to tell you more, but I don't think it matters right now.

Well I'm going to attempt to go into work today. I must admit I feel a good bit better this morning than I felt yesterday. For some reason that 2nd and third day were killer on me. I was really tired. I feel pretty good this morning. just going to take my time and get ready slow and then see how much I can do while at work. I have one question, I know where my port incision is, but is the port right under that incision or is that just where he entered to put the port in? I dont feel tender at all around that incision but just about a 1/2 inch to the left is VERY tender.

Mia- My port is about 1/2-1" below my incision. When I had my first fill I got the impression that it's not normally right at the incision. Good luck with work today.

Mia

My port is about an inch to the right of my incision and that is where i had tenderness the longest. Good luck at work today!!!

I've been mia from this web site and from posting for a while. I come back to read the post from time to time, but rarely posted. I started back at this forum and find that you guys are going to be my greatest asset at keeping on track to the new happier and healthier me. My poor husband tries to be the best support person he can, but I find that I make the worst decisions when I am at home all day with our 2 year old. I don't make the necessary time to excersise. I feel like I need a good swift kick in the rear from you guys, because my husband is too kind to do it. And maybe if he did he is close enough for me to choke. I don't know any of you and I would be more inclined to listen and respond in a pleasant way. Is'nt that awful? Anyway I would appreciate any direction and replies. I have lost only 30lbs and need a boost. My surgery date is below. I live in Tifton and would love to join you on Feb 7th. Thanks for letting me rant.

Signed

In a rut!

. I feel like I need a good swift kick in the rear from you guys, I live in Tifton and would love to join you on Feb 7th. Thanks for letting me rant.

quote]

Consider this your first good swift kick, however you are not doing bad. 30 pounds is still a pretty good amount. How many fills have you had? Have you talked to Elizabeth that does our fills? She is very understanding and helpful. Put that 2 year old in a stroller and go for a walk, babies love to walk. Get back to into the habit of eating more like you did for your preop diet, the Sugar Buster's diet is great for melting awa the pounds. And come back here more often we are all here to help each other out and listen. If you need a shoulder to cry on or a pair of clapping hands to encourage this is the place to come. Take care and good luck!

. I feel like I need a good swift kick in the rear from you guys, I live in Tifton and would love to join you on Feb 7th. Thanks for letting me rant.

quote]

Consider this your first good swift kick, however you are not doing bad. 30 pounds is still a pretty good amount. How many fills have you had? Have you talked to Elizabeth that does our fills? She is very understanding and helpful. Put that 2 year old in a stroller and go for a walk, babies love to walk. Get back to into the habit of eating more like you did for your preop diet, the Sugar Buster's diet is great for melting awa the pounds. And come back here more often we are all here to help each other out and listen. If you need a shoulder to cry on or a pair of clapping hands to encourage this is the place to come. Take care and good luck!

Thanks Jeannie, I really need it. I have talked to Elizabeth and she has given me some ideas. Since I do have other underlying problems with my disc in my back exercise is a little tricky. Sounds a lot like excuses doesn't it? I sometimes feel like I have wasted everyones time wtih my surgery, especially mine. I want to get back to the beginnig when this was the best thing since sliced bread. Sounds familiar like when I started any other diet before surgery. I do srtuggle with falling back into old routines. That is a great idea walking with my son. Duh! Thanks for the support.