Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany GA bandsters - speak up...

We probably want to steer clear of buffets and fast food, right? I was thinking we need to meet somewhere where we can order an appetizer or something small. I haven't been to a buffet since being banded.

Let's see, Tifton has............ Cracker Barrel, Applebee's, Longhorn, Red Lobster, Tokyo (Japaneese), and all the regular fast food joints and buffet places. Am I leaving anything good out? I'm drawing a blank....

The 1st or 3rd Thursday of the month is good for me, what about the rest of you?

Here is a sample of what I have eaten today: I have been hungry so I hope I have not over done it. Take a look at what is on my food log and see if I should start cutting it back this next week.

Breakfast was grilled chicken, 1tbsp mayo on whole grain bread (2slcs)

lunch was grilled chicken, 1 tbsp mayo on whole grain bread (2slc) and sauteed sugar snap peas 1 1/2 cups

1/2 cup of cashews (I know but I'm snacky and this is the one snack I can have that I can somehow in my head relate to crunching chips)

supper was: grilled chicken and a baked sweet potato with 1tsp fat free butter and 1 cup of cherios with 1/2 cup fat free skim milk

late night indulgance 8:30pm- sharp chedder 2% on one slice of whole grain bread (my version of cheese toast)

Have I totally failed today? I just want to be sure Im doing this right and not 'thinking' that I am when I'm not. My sheet says I can have mayo and butter in moderation as well as dairy. So am I doing this right? Help me guys....Im losing weight, but I want to be sure I'm doing like he wants..

Mia

It looks like you are soing prett well. You may want to "practice" getting a little more Protein and less bread. The protein is what you will have to concentrate on after the band and it helped me alot to go ahead and start eating like I had the band prior to my surgery. Keep up the god work and if you need any help just ask there are lots of people on here who will help this website hs been a lifesaver for me. Take care.

Mia

I agree with Jeannie, more Protein, less bread. The diet says that you can have whole grain bread, but it would serve you well to start changing some of your habits now. Also, it would help you to start taking small bites and chew really really good, if you haven't already. I also started eating my meals without drinking too. I think it really helped me in the long run. You are doing great, you should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work!

Well the first few days I didnt have any bread. Then it was like I missed bread so much and said well I can have whole grain bread and the fat girl in me wants it with every meal, lol. So today I will trim the whole bread equation. I am doing the whole not drinking while eating thing as well. Its hard on some things, but most meals I do not drink during the meal. Thanks for the help girls!

I don't know tifton at all but those all sound like pretty decent options. I am with Pamela we need to avoid buffets. Take care.

>Unless someone else can think of another restaurant, here is our choices:

Cracker Barrel

Applebee's

Longhorn

Red Lobster

Tokyo (Japanese)

Ruby Tuesdays

Loco's

Moe's Southwest Grill

Los Compadres

I've never been to Loco's, Moe's Southwest Grill, or Los Compadres, so I don't know what kind of food they have at those places. I assume Los Compadres has the typical mexican style food. So, what do you guys think, where do you want to meet?

If we meet this month, it would have to be on the 17th. If we decide to meet next month, it would be the 7th or the 21st. Which is better for everyone?

I'm so excited to get this support group going! Thanks for all your cooperation guys!

I am pretty flexable when it comes to where we go. Just let me know.

I pretty flexible also as long as I know in advance. What time are we looking at? 6:00 or 6:30 would be great if that's not too early for any of you. Just let me know, I'm looking forward to it.

Pamela

I hate to be a party pooper but I will have to skip the 17th, I have already obligated myself for that night. I will be there the next month if you all do it again.

Mia

Congratulations on the surgery day. You will be banded in no time and on your way.

Take care everybody!

Thanks Jeannie! I am SO ready to have it over and done with! And GO ME, for the past two days I haven't had ANY bread!!

Yeah Mia!!! No bread!! That is good. Do you miss it or ae the cravings gone? I really noticed a severe decrease in the cravings once I started following the Sugar Busters diet to a T. You will be in my prayers as your time gets closer.

To tell you the truth I don't miss at nearly as bad as I did the first few days. I think I just realized that I want to do this the right way. For so long I have always cheated, always been a quitter and I refuse to this time. It's a mind thing. Please keep me in your prayers, as the days get closer I get more anxious about something going wrong during surgery which is normal, but I'm trusting in God to get me through this one and I sure hope its in his plan. I can't wait to be banded and start on my journey!

Mia, you are getting banded on the 17th, right?

Why don't we just wait until Feb. 7th to meet. Then if that is okay with everyone else, we will meet on the 1st Thursday of every month. Is that okay with everyone?

Mia, you are doing great with the pre-op diet, keep up the good work!