Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany GA bandsters - speak up...

Thanks! How was the sugar busters diet? I am invisioning it in my head as being really hard to stick to and utter hell, lol. I realize the importance of sticking to it and really hope that I can. I just am sooo hungry all of the time and it seems like such a large amount it takes to fill me up.

The Sugar Busters Diet wasn't that bad for me either. I still ate bread, just made sure it was whole grain bread. Like nip50 said, just stay away frome the white stuff. Good luck!

Got my band date of 01-17-08! Started my sugar busters diet today. Some pouty moments where I was hungry, but I drank a protien shake and that helped fill me up some. Protein Shakes are ok on sugar busters correct?

I can't believe this is the first time I have seen this thread.

I was banded on Oct. 11th, right before nip did!

Mia, good luck on your banding, I too was self pay and things went really fast for me. I am so glad I did it.

Got my band date of 01-17-08! Started my sugar busters diet today. Some pouty moments where I was hungry, but I drank a protien shake and that helped fill me up some. Protein shakes are ok on sugar busters correct?

Congrats on your surgery date! It will be here before you know it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I am going for an assessment at the Obesity Clinic next Wednesday (the 9th). I was just curious if anyone else would be there that day. My appointment is at 2:15.

Georgia Girl - I have an appointment on the 9th as well at 3:30, but I'm not sure if I'm going. I've lost 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks so that's more than the 2 pounds per week, so they probably won't give me a fill. I haven't decided if I'm going to weight myself down and try and get a 2nd fill or just reschedule the appointment. I'm over in Douglas and that's a long drive. I don't want to get there and it be all for nothing. I may just call them, which they said would be fine.

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to check in I am starting to feel like I am a stalker since I read all of your posts but don't ever post. :o

I had my first fill today and it was super easy. I had lost 31 pounds since my first appointment according to their scale but 36 according to mine so I am sticking to mine. My next appointment is on the 16th anybody else going that day?

Pamela

You are doing great. I keep reading all your posts and using you for inspiration. Thank you for all the support you have given me.

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to check in I am starting to feel like I am a stalker since I read all of your posts but don't ever post. :)

I had my first fill today and it was super easy. I had lost 31 pounds since my first appointment according to their scale but 36 according to mine so I am sticking to mine. My next appointment is on the 16th anybody else going that day?

Pamela

You are doing great. I keep reading all your posts and using you for inspiration. Thank you for all the support you have given me.

Hey Jeannie! We don't think your a stalker, I just glad to hear from you. Do you feel any restriction from your fill? I know your on liquids right now, but I could feel some restriction even when drinking. I've had 3 fills, and I do feel restriction for about a week, and then I can eat normal again. I'm not sure, maybe I haven't gotten to a good level yet. I have 5cc in my 10cc band. Hope there's not a leak. I worry about things like that.

I agree, stick with your scales. I do the same thing. Mine is a couple of pounds different from theirs.

How did you like Elizabeth? I really like her and she always takes the time to answers all my questions and guide me on what foods to eat. I like Maleek (sp?) too.

Georgia Girl - I have an appointment on the 9th as well at 3:30, but I'm not sure if I'm going. I've lost 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks so that's more than the 2 pounds per week, so they probably won't give me a fill. I haven't decided if I'm going to weight myself down and try and get a 2nd fill or just reschedule the appointment. I'm over in Douglas and that's a long drive. I don't want to get there and it be all for nothing. I may just call them, which they said would be fine.

Let me know if you decide to keep it and maybe we can chat for a few minutes. My appointment is at 2:15, but she told me to be prepared to wait, so it is very possible I will still be there at 3:30.

I understand that you have a long drive and if I were you, I would call and see what they say first. Do you feel any restriction? I've had 3 fill and restriction only lasts for about a week. It's so aggravating, because I usually lose about 5-6 pounds just being on the liquids for 3 days, then I find I don't have much restriction, so sometimes they won't give me a fill.

Pamela

I have a weird noise when i drink the Protein shakes, kind of like a gurgle, so i think I will have restriction from this fill at least for a while.

You said you worry about a leak, do you still have the same amount of Fluid when they check it at your next fill? Elizabeth and Maleek both see very nice. I am sure they will be great to work with. I really liked the fact that when I told Elizabeth I could still feel the poke from the fill needle she gave me more lidocaine as I am a big baby when it comes to needles....

Pamela

I have a weird noise when i drink the Protein shakes, kind of like a gurgle, so i think I will have restriction from this fill at least for a while.

You said you worry about a leak, do you still have the same amount of Fluid when they check it at your next fill? Elizabeth and Maleek both see very nice. I am sure they will be great to work with. I really liked the fact that when I told Elizabeth I could still feel the poke from the fill needle she gave me more lidocaine as I am a big baby when it comes to needles....

Jeannie

She's never checked to see how much Fluid is in the band. She just adds more fluid in. I think I will mention this to her and see if she can draw out the fluid and see how much is still in there. It would ease my worry if she would do this.

My first fill hurt so bad. She notated that I felt pain and the next time she added more of the lidocaine and I haven't felt a thing since the first one.

Okay you guys, I think we should start a local support group in Albany. I've been having a hard time and I know some you probably have as well. This website has been a Godsend to me, but I really would like to talk to people in person.

I've talked with some of the other bandsters on LBT and they suggested a local support group. I'm thinking we could meet at least once a month, maybe meet at a restaurant to start off with. We may have to think about a different location once the group grows, but for now, I think that a restaurant is a good idea. (maybe a bandster friendly restaurant?)

I guess I'll be kind of heading this up. Any suggestions about when and where you prefer to meet? I was thinking since some work, the evening would be good, I dunno, what do you think?