Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Morning everyone...... I have gotten so much wonderful information from you all so far... Now.... the next thing.... I had my sleeve on July 22, 2019 and everything is going great.... except I am soooooooo tired of this liquid diet. I know..... I am trying to be patient. I feel good, no pain, lost 24 lbs since I started the liquid diet. No naseua or omiting, getting in all my Protein and almost up to the amount of Water I should be taking in each day. BUT. ...... is anyone suffering from unbelieveable tiredness and I actually have almost no energy unless I sit down and rest between activities. I had to sit down to brush my teeth the other day. lol. I truly feel like loss of calories might be just running me down. I have my first visit back to the surgeon on August 7th and then I should be put on puree foods, so I am thinking that will help this weakness. Could the rapid weightloss cause the weak feeling. Let me know what you think.

Yes. It's normal to have these periods. But it also depends on your diet leading up to surgery. If you were still drinking/eating crap foods and caloric drinks and were high carb, pre-surgery, then your recovery is extra hard, cuz not only is your body trying to heal, but it's also trying to convert from being a sugar burning machine (carb monkey), to burning fat/ketone bodies (fat burner) due to caloric restriction and carb restriction.

And that makes you feel very tired. You can try adding a cup of normal sodium bouillon to your day and see how you feel afterward? But follow your doc's plan and if it's really bad, then call your doc. But I think it's just all part of the healing...

You're still recovering from surgery and your body is healing. It's gonna take a few weeks to get your energy back and adjust to your new eating.

I’m at 3 1/2 weeks post sleeve and YES! I have and have had the same thing. The first two weeks were rough..couldn’t believe that just taking a shower or other normal activities cause me to be so tired. It DOES improve. While I’m not back to normal yet, I am more aware of listening to my body and rest when it tells me to. I’ve worked up to taking mini-walk throughout the day to get myself moving. Sometimes I need a short rest/nap after.

We’re recovering from major surgery...take your time. It’s been hard for me because I’m usually a busybody but part of this processes is learning to listen to ourselves.

Good Luck!

Yes it's totally normal and it will get better. I couldn't even hold my arms up to wash my hair without taking breaks. It got better with the eventual increase in Protein intake.

Following your surgery journey! Continue to stay strong as you're an encouragement to those like myself still in the pre-surg work up process. Sounds like you're staying the course and being patient with yourself. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I can't begin to tell you how much it helps. I have 3 upcoming appts. this week. Will continue to follow .... take care and have a great up-coming week.