Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting To Be Banded .... Come On In!!

Hey everybody I decided to post a thread for those of us who aren't banded yet. If you have chatted with me you already know that I was recently diagnosed with PCOS!! Yeah it was a shock to me too. It really sucks but at the same time I am glad that I know now and things are finally coming together with why I could never lose weight and keep it off. I finally know why all these things are happening to my body. And I finally know why I have not been able to conceive a child with my husband and we have been 2gether 3 yrs and not even reallt trying but now since we are thinking about nothing has been happening. But now I know why I bought 2 boxes of ovulation test and I would NEVER ovulate... And I would miss numerous periods and never be pregnant but anyway LOL if you have PCOS you can relate. I had been dancing back and forth about getting the surgery since the first time that I had ever seen the commercial (you the one with the lion walking through the living room LOL) and I finally decided to pursue this now. And times 10 since I have been diagnosed with this syndrome. And I would like to get healthy now while I am still young and babyless. With lots of time on my hands. I have my 2nd appt with a new surgeon. The first surgeon told me that I had to wait 6 months hands down rather my insurance said so or not ... He has a MANDATORY 6 month diet. I don't wanna wait 6 months... 3 months is fine but 6 no way. Not if I don't have to. So I see the new surgeon Nov 29 I am really amped! I have Aetna currently and I know they suck as far as the Lap Band but I will have Amerihealth the beginning of next year Jan '08!! I am so excited about this because they are supposed to be alot easier to deal with as far as the surgery goes. And if your BMI is low than they make you jump alot of hoops but my is 49 :cry I love and hate that all at the same time LOL! But I am hoping for the best. So I am getting all these pre op appts done between now and Dec 31st ... so come the first of the year they should be able to submit everything and have me a surgery date within Jan or Feb.. but that's all in this little perfect dream of mine. I hope and pray that it comes true. But I need the support of others who aren't banded yet and going through the same thing I'm going through the beginning of a long long dirt road LOL! But come in lets chat awhile I am always looking to make new friends and learn new things!! Love to talk and listen! So get back to me! Especially PCOS females I want to learn as much as I can about the syndrome.

Applesmith1226

Hey..there.... I completely understand you not wanting to wait the 6 months. As far as I know AETNA does require a 6 month medically supervised diet. Just check out the requirements for you new insurance Amerihealth.

What I did was get the group number from my HR and called the new insurance carrier and with the group id number they were able to give me the requirements.

Now it turns out my employer will be carrying both insurance plans which is great because I want to stay with BCBS as they are better to work with than AETNA.

My BMI is 41 almost 42...I have no comorbidities but have done medically supervised programs that I have paid on my own as part of a I want to I need to do this on my own type of thing.

I am sorry to hear you have been unable to have children. Having the lapband and loosing the weight hopefully will allow you to become pregnant.

I went to a second informational seminar as I did not feel comfortable at the first one I went to. This one is the one! I absolutely loved this surgeon and he even made the comment of go get on birth control now if you are ovulating because he absolutely does not want anyone pregnant until reaching or close enought to goal. Healthier pregnancy and you don't loose your WL momentum.