Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’d join you for a cup of tea @GreenTealael. In fact I’m sipping my daily green tea right now. You look very cute sitting there in what almost is a little flower bower.

Posted (edited)

On 6/28/2024 at 11:03 PM, Arabesque said:

I’d join you for a cup of tea @GreenTealael. In fact I’m sipping my daily green tea right now. You look very cute sitting there in what almost is a little flower bower.

I would absolutely join you for tea, Lately I’ve been fixated on oolong and black but please have an extra cup of green for me!

This place looked like just a tea shop but unfortunately it was a boba tea shop. I couldn’t have anything that they served or I would be sick. 😩 But my daughter loves these places.

Edited by GreenTealael

My mum used to make a delicious tapioca pudding as did the woman I boarded with when I was at college (now that’s a long time ago). I can’t imagine drinking them in tea. . Now eating them in a custardy dessert yum. Though like you I’d probably struggle with them too now.

On 6/30/2024 at 11:15 PM, Arabesque said:

My mum used to make a delicious tapioca pudding as did the woman I boarded with when I was at college (now that’s a long time ago). I can’t imagine drinking them in tea. . Now eating them in a custardy dessert yum. Though like you I’d probably struggle with them too now.

I can’t even consider it because of the texture. 😢

On 07/16/2024 at 16:11, GreenTealael said:

Beach vacation! I wore a bathing suit but there are no pics.

image000000.jpeg

IMG_8307.jpeg

The dress is beautiful, and I really LOVE the back of the 2nd outfit!

On 7/16/2024 at 7:11 PM, GreenTealael said:

image000000.jpeg

i absolutely ADORE this dress!!!

One of the few standing-full body pics I have of me on recent vacay (weird). This was me taking a pic of a skirt i was trying on in a changeroom in Italy. Mr. says it was too expensive to consider buying...at €540, i have to agree, lol...but it was super fun trying on all the clothes!!!

even more fun that they all fit! (in this particular case the skirt was too big. and there was only one size/item of every piece, so i was all, to the shop assistant, "oh too bad its too big, and i'm leaving tomorrow, so i can't wait for it to be altered..." hahhahaha)

19 hours ago, kristieshannon said:

The dress is beautiful, and I really LOVE the back of the 2nd outfit!

6 hours ago, ms.sss said:

i absolutely ADORE this dress!!!

Would you believe it if I told you it’s a beach cover up! I don’t buy clothes often because I have plenty and my size is basically the same as 6+ yrs ago but as soon I saw it I knew I loved it.

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

One of the few standing-full body pics I have of me on recent vacay (weird). This was me taking a pic of a skirt i was trying on in a changeroom in Italy. Mr. says it was too expensive to consider buying...at €540, i have to agree, lol...but it was super fun trying on all the clothes!!!

even more fun that they all fit! (in this particular case the skirt was too big. and there was only one size/item of every piece, so i was all, to the shop assistant, "oh too bad its too big, and i'm leaving tomorrow, so i can't wait for it to be altered..." hahhahaha)

Is it a structured cargo skirt?

Lovely skirt & beautiful colour @GreenTealael. How often do you sew? I remember you often used to make things.

Have to admit I haven’t used my sewing machine for years. Oh I did get it out a couple of years ago to repair a split in a leg seam (no I didn’t split it 😁😁) and the poor thing was clunking - a service is needed I think. I do darn sweaters & such regularly. Can’t be bothered hemming these days though so I take pants etc. to the professionals for a better quality job. Plus it’s too hard to get the length right by yourself. 😁

Apparently sewing classes are taking off here in Australia for those over 30. They want to know how to darn, sew buttons, hem, patch & cycle up existing clothing to cut back on the costs of replacing items they usually would just throw away.

42 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

Lovely skirt & beautiful colour @GreenTealael. How often do you sew? I remember you often used to make things.

Have to admit I haven’t used my sewing machine for years. Oh I did get it out a couple of years ago to repair a split in a leg seam (no I didn’t split it 😁😁) and the poor thing was clunking - a service is needed I think. I do darn sweaters & such regularly. Can’t be bothered hemming these days though so I take pants etc. to the professionals for a better quality job. Plus it’s too hard to get the length right by yourself. 😁

Apparently sewing classes are taking off here in Australia for those over 30. They want to know how to darn, sew buttons, hem, patch & cycle up existing clothing to cut back on the costs of replacing items they usually would just throw away.

I mostly sew on an as needed basis so In the last year I made: my youngest daughter’s prom dress, 2 satin bias skirts, a wedding dress prototype (just to maintain my skills, no one is getting married 🤡), a month ago I bought a linen dress that was a perfect fit except I didn’t like the neck or arm hole placement so I altered those
(I probably won’t even wear it this year) and just today I had to repair a hockey jersey. So not too much sewing 🤣

Went to the annual gala fundraising lunch for the charity my friend is a director of yesterday. This is the same dress I wore to my friend’s daughter’s formal wedding last year. I had the hem shortened so I could wear it more often & for day events. Still love it & am glad I’ll have more chances to wear it now than as a long dress. Everyone was wearing very bright floral dresses at the lunch. It was so much colour and vibrancy it was verging on too much for my dark soul. 🤣🤣🤣

We’ve been having a warm snap so it was a lovely spring like day despite it being winter. I still took & wore my overcoat! It was black of course.LOL!

IMG_0144.thumb.jpeg.7ed7b6c3044c78bc5f02202e0b7c4247.jpeg