Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow UK banders

Hello all,

My name is Steve and I've just joined the forum. I've just had my banding operation (six days ago) in Derby on the NHS. I'm excited at the possibilities the operation offers in terms of life improvements and would welcome any input from members.

Kind regards,

Steve

hi steve

I not been banded yet. I am going to derby hospitial tommorow 26 nov 07. for my first appt going to see consulant MLA-PLC BARIAT

Im now getting nerveres as dont no what to expect?

they say in letter could be there 3-4 hours. hope some of that is waiting time. as my head will explode with info overload. lol

all the best Ann

Hi there Ann,

My first appointment at Derby Royal Infirmary was easy. I met the dietitian and other members of the team who are very friendly. There is information to give you of course, but ask any questions you may have. I don't remember being there that long.

The appointment before your operation (about two weeks) is straightforward. I had a lot of questions to answer about my general health, some blood tests and an ECG. I also saw the anesthetist who explained his role and what would happen. I was there a couple of hours. The staff at Derby are very nice and supportive. Again, you can ask any questions you may have.

All in all, the whole experience at Derby was good. I really do encourage you to follow the pre op diet as it makes the operation easier.

Good luck with your appointment.

Kind regards,

Steve

Hi Steve

Have just been banded on 24th Nov, so i am day two of post op and feel suprisingly very well. Like you i would encourage all on pre op diet to follow it as my surgeon said my liver had shrunk considerably and he knew i had followed the diet.

Best wishes

Lisa

hi steve

I went to derby yesterday I saw the deitian and surgen that will do my op if I have it done. or they think I should have it done. he said that he will send a letter around the board of people that decide if im suitable for op ect ect....

he says I have very good chane of having done. good I want my life back.

will take about 3 week for then to decide then he will let me know. hopefully I'll be getting good news for xmas.

also said waiting time for op is about 6 months. told him not 24 june as going to see bon jovi in concert. lol so he put that on my notes.

we got there ok it was rush hour when we came out. took wrong turn thought we put ourselfs right. wrong as we found the hospitial again lol

bye for now.

Ann sorry its long...