Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complication... back in for surgery!

Hi everyone... I haven't been reading or posting AT ALL due to life just being crazy busy, and of course with the holidays here, it won't be slowing down any time soon!

However, I knew I had to get online for the wonderful support that everyone here gives, because I have a complication already... only 6 weeks out!

I was banded on Oct. 3rd and went in for my first fill last week. My doctor said the fill wasn't going in and came to the conclusion that I have a kink in my tube near the port. (he did an x-ray to make sure, turned out to be true) So now I have to go back in tomorrow... yes, the day before thanksgiving, for a small surgical procedure to have it fixed. Yikes! Apparantly, he will be moving the port up a bit to straighten it out. The only thing I'm bummed about is that the port took the longest to heal, and now it will be moved and I'll have to go through that part again. ugh.

I'm not worried about the actual surgery itself, (I LOVE my doctor!), it's just kind of disheartening with the slow weight loss that I have a complication so soon. :-(

I'm keeping a positive attitude though, hey, could be worse, right?!?!?!?! LOL (I'm not even all that bummed that I won't be eating Thanksgiving dinner. SOOOOO not like me! haha)

And the good thing is that my doc will try to do the fill after he fixes the kink.

So here I go again. I just felt I should let everyone know what was going on with me, especially in case anyone else is going through or may go through the same thing.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I know tommorrow will be hard for you, especially the day before Thanksgiving. At least they caught what was wrong and it can be fixed. My prayers are with you and may you be sleeping in your own bed tomorrow night. Best of luck!

Kim:

Good luck with the repair surgery.

I'm sure all will go well and you'll be continuing to lose weight soon. Don't be surprised if you have issues with Fluid retention after your procedure.

Rest, relax, recover.

Sue

Kim,

Update us when you have time. I hope everything went well. Just thinking of you and hope your doing fine.

I hope all went well for you and that your port is healing quickly!

Good luck with your journey and keep us updated! :( The band will get better once you're all healed up and filled so hang on!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the well-wishes!!! It's been one week and 3 days since my "fixer-upper" surgery to repair my kinked tube, and I'm doing MUCH better now.

The first few days after the repair surgery brought back a flood of memories as to how painful my stomach was after the lap-band surgery. I got really bummed out because it took so long for my stomach to feel somewhat "normal" again after LB, and the day after repair surgery, I thought that it was happening all over again. :-(

BUT, I was only uncomfortable for a few days... I'm back to sleeping on my side again and have resumed most of my normal activities.

I'm still not wearing jeans yet, but I'm certainly not complaining about getting to wear sweats all the time! haha

Anyway, I wanted to thank you ALL for your support. I KNEW I would get it here! You are all truly a blessing!!!