Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling sad and emotional - eating didn't even help.

One of my beloved mules is very sick and it doesn't look like she will pull through. We have been through so much together and she is pretty close to an equine soul mate. We are doing more tests on Monday. Anyway, in a fit of sadness, I ate a hunk of cheese, 2 spoons of Peanut Butter and a rice cake. Basically I downed 500 calories of emotional eating that made me nauseous and queasy, so it didn't even help! Made me feel worse. I guess it was a good thing, because it showed me that emotional eating is just not the answer any more. In the past, it would give a few minutes of reprieve, but I didn't even get that today, so no more. I think I will take a walk when it cools down a bit. I gave Tess a cool bath this afternoon, and brushed her. She loved it and it made me feel better to make her feel a little better, but then so sad to see her so sick.

For anyone curious, her bone marrow is completely suppressed. (Anemia, extremely low platelets, weight loss, depression, edema, fever, enlarged lymph nodes.) The differential diagnosis is 1) over whelming infection (she is on 2 antibiotics now, but not responding), 2) cancer, or 3) equine infectious anemia (like horse AIDS. No cure, and animal must be euthanized. We are testing for this on Monday, If positive, my son's mule is also at risk.) Thoughts and prayers greatly appreciated.

Awwwwwww AZHiker!! So sad to hear that! I hope she pulls through. Nothing as sad as a "family member" being sick! Prayers being sent your way!!🤲🤲[emoji120]

Look through pictures of happy times with her and Celebrate all the moments she's had/has with you through thick or thin and take comfort in those moments.

So happy to hear emotional eating is not as effective post wls!! That is honestly a NSV in my opinion! Celebrate that as well[emoji106][emoji106]

Take care and thoughts and most importantly prayers are with you and Tess[emoji7]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. Having to Euthanise a pet is the worst thing ever. Last year I had to be strong and say goodbye to one of my beloved dogs and one of my cats. It was horrible.

I wasn’t brave enough to stick around when we had to do the same for my daughter’s horse or the family sheep, I left that to hubby.

Just remember that no matter how hard it is not letting your pet suffer is the kindest thing you can do.

Big hugs

xxxxxxx

So sorry for you, and your mule. I know how hard this is, I used to have horses. Crossing fingers it turns around.

Take a long walk or just get someone to hug you, maybe a massage to get the tension out, or yoga. Sounds weird but when I am stressed and go to yoga I actually cry. My yoga teacher says we hold our emotions in our hips and yoga opens that up.

You know, that does make some sense, in a strange way. Yoga does seem to open blocked areas, maybe even emotional ones. I was there for a beloved pet, I felt it was a way of final respect, she had been my Late son's unquestioning friend before his death, it was time, a condition she couldn't heal from, but it hurt as much as having to go through it with my human family. Praying for. peace and the good memories to re- emerge.😭