Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some serious help people!!!

I am getting so frustrated with myself. I was banded on Sep. 6th and have lost 40-45 pounds, the hard part is I lose 5 pounds then gain 5 pounds over and over again, the same 5 pounds!!! I am able to eat everything. Breads, chocolate, Pasta, pizza, ect. and I eat everything I would of before but I try and stop when I begin to feel full. I still eat quite a bit, which I am wondering if that is part of the problem??? I don't eat a set amount just until I feel full. If I was eating pizza I would be able to eat 1-2 pieces then stop. I also drink with my meals. I drink Water or Iced tea with most meals, not a lot but a few sips each meal (maybe 1/2 a cup) does anyone have any helpful suggestions to help me get losing again? I do walk on my treadmill for about 1/2 hour a day 1-2 days a week. (I keep telling myself I will do it more after the holidays!)

Please, any help would be great!

Thanks! :)

first off, id cut out the drinking all together. thats prolly why you can eat so much. second, what else are you doing in addition to the treadmill? even little things like parking at the end of the parking lot instead of hovering fro one in the first row can help.

deffinatly watch this thanksgiving, think about what youre going to eat now, so youre not as tempted then, and when you want the 2nd piece of pie, just remember that 5lbs

i hope this helps a bit!

I do the same thing except its with 10 pounds up and down. I actually have to use really good will power to lose those 10 pounds too. I can eat anything I want although I try not to. Thats one of the reasons I am being checked to see if I have stretched myself out or not. IDK the results yet but hopefully thats not a problem. I wonder if because ur drinking if everything u eat is getting washed down quickly and thats why u can eat more. I know not drinking with meals is really hard for some people. Anyway I wish u the best and GL.

I am getting so frustrated with myself. I was banded on Sep. 6th and have lost 40-45 pounds, the hard part is I lose 5 pounds then gain 5 pounds over and over again, the same 5 pounds!!! I am able to eat everything. Breads, chocolate, Pasta, pizza, ect. and I eat everything I would of before but I try and stop when I begin to feel full. I still eat quite a bit, which I am wondering if that is part of the problem??? I don't eat a set amount just until I feel full. If I was eating pizza I would be able to eat 1-2 pieces then stop. I also drink with my meals. I drink Water or Iced tea with most meals, not a lot but a few sips each meal (maybe 1/2 a cup) does anyone have any helpful suggestions to help me get losing again? I do walk on my treadmill for about 1/2 hour a day 1-2 days a week. (I keep telling myself I will do it more after the holidays!)

Please, any help would be great!

Thanks! :)

Missy - Here is some tough band love - with the operative word being love,...

STOP IT NOW !!!!

1st go get a fill if you don't have proper restriction but that's not going to help you bad food choices and not following the bandsters rules NO DRINKING WITH MEALS (my doc don't drink 1/2 before or after a meal) What in the heck are you eating chocolate for...

What is your calories in 1 day??? They banded your tummy not your head - you gotta do the head work this is a LIFETIME LIFESTYLE change and not a diet..... You have to make healthy food choices - you need to be eating correct portions and you need more exercise.

I weigh measure my food - I count calories and Protein grams - I keep a food diary - I walk on the treadmill 4-5 days a week minimum 2 miles some days 3 and 4 on Saturday..

If you want the band to work then you have to do the work too...

The band will only do about 25% of the work the other 75% is up to you... Why are you going to wait until after the holidays to increase your exercise - what's going to change between now and then execpt your weight..

Sweetheart, you really can't go back to eating the way you use to ever - cuz if you do - you aren't going to get healthly - You can have 1 or 2 pieces of pizza every now and then (like once a month max) I eat carbs but only 1/2 c rice with my dinner and i can only eat about 1/2 of that.

Call your doc - get a fill ASAP and remember why you got banded in the first place - you can do this !!!

Hey, sounds like you can use an adjustment. But I went through this recently where I stalled for 3 weeks, lost 2 pounds but gained them back... I just hung in there and I've lost it, finally.

You have had some good advice here. There is no way you will be able to eat the way we did before surgery. Those days are over. The great thing about the lap band is that it does help me eat less. I need to make smart choices about what I put in my mouth. I never eat pizza, Pasta, bread potatoes or rice. I do eat lots of vegetables, fruit and healthy protein( fish, chicken etc), I drink a ton of Water, but NEVER with meals. I will not drink anything other than Water or clear tea. I exercise 7 to 9 times a week very vigorously and all of this helps the weight come off slowly but surely. I have lost 60 lbs and was banded August 8. I know this sounds rough but it is not so bad, really. I have come to really value well cooked fresh food. I feel so much better after I exercise. Yes, it is hard to get out there, but I found an exercise buddy and we encourage each other, plus it is a bit social, so the time passes much faster.

Good luck! It sounds like you may need a bit of a shift in your thinking around food and exercise, but you must already be feeling so much better than before! I know you can do it!

You have listed 4 foods in your post that I was told to avoid by my dr.

The only bread products I have are well toasted pita ( to put chicken salad on or low carb tortillas. I would really rethink your food choices, get away from the drinking with meals and start over again. It wasnt easy for me to give up my sodas. I used to drink over a 6 pack per day easily. The band really does HELP, but you will need to keep a more strict food intake, with focus on Protein and not all of those carbs. I would not rush out for a fill until you get the head hunger part worked out yourself. Tightening the band and continuing to eat what you have posted seems like a recipe for a stretched pouch or a lot of future PB's. Just my opinion as I am not a pro in these matters.

Two things.

1. Cut out the drinking altogether. Period. (I mean around meals)

2. Go get a fill!!!!

Missy,

I was doing the same thing, gaining the same 5 lbs. Here is what I did:

1) Got a fill, I realized I was eating more than I should and more often - Only get a fill if this is the case for you. If you feel you are getting hungry before 3 or 4 hours, and if you are onsuming more than 3 oz of Protein and 1/2 cup of veggies, time for a fill.

2) I got back to the basics, I pulled out my "Band Rules" and started following them again - no, its not easy, but I remembered "Why" I got the band and my goals have not changed. I want to be healthy so in order to do that, I needed to get back to the band rules.

You can do it! And just bacause you slip a few times,doesn't mean its over, jump back on the Bandwagon and start following the rules.

Best Wishes to you!