Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It’s been 3 weeks since my gastric sleeve surgery and I’m still having difficulty drinking water! I have tried it cold and Luke warm but I still gag when I drink it. I tried a flavor packet but I hated the after taste (I.e. Crystal Light). I have tried filtered, spring and distilled Water. My sleeve just doesn’t like the H2O! Does anyone have any suggestions, because I don’t want to get dehydrated? Also I can’t tolerate Gatorade or Powerade either.

Green , Herbal or Decaf Tea. Also try the Protein Waters chilled or my favorites Propel (Strawberry-Kiwi) or Nestle Splash ( Acai- Grape) plus don't stop doing an ounce, 2 oz tops with your baby medicine cups every 15 minutes. I still often do it THAT WAY, even at 10 months nearly. Will be 10 months July 5th, lost more than 120 pounds, a bunch of dress sizes, the size I am now is the size many Bari-pals start out at but I started with a 52+ BMI so I AM PROUD OF ME!

All I can really drink is Vitamin Water zero, cut 1/2 and 1/2 with plain water. Everything else is too sweet and I STILL can’t drink water on it’s own

You just have to get it down for now. It was very hard for me to get Water down the first 6 weeks. I was borderline dehydrated the whole time and even got fluids 2x. Water tasted sweet to me and I really dont care for any sweet beverages.

I was a water lover before and was frightened it would taste weird forever. Today it tastes normal again and I'm hydrated and feeling so much better. Just do the best you can and you will get there too!

Best of luck!

Edited by gabybab

I mixed my Water with cranberry juice and Splenda in a coffee cup and heated it. It was so good and really helped me get my water in.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches