Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and scared

Hi there, I have had 2 consultations with 2 surgeons in ACS in Belfast and Dublin. I have a lot to lose and am thinking of being banded just before Christmas.

Have so many doubts and fears but also am excited.

I have only just found this forum and am delighted to see everyone here supporting each other and giving advice - its always the advice you get from someone in your position that is best.

I cant help being worried about the op - how I will cope after and am petrified of dying. KNow that sounds ridiculous.

The Doctor I will be using is Dr Jerome Manuceau in ACS. CAn anyone give me any details (good or bad) so I can make an informed decision.

I have read the other ireland threads and would love to hear from anyone who has used ACS.

Thanks

Wee Diamond

Good luck in your journey... I am in the US so I cannot help you with any references on your surgeons office.

Regarding your fears, they are sooo normal. I have researched this thing for two years and knew it was the right choice for me, but two weeks before my surgery, I was seriously thinking of backing out. My pre-op diet was very successful, and during my intake for the surgery, my surgeon said well you've done so well are you sure you want the surgery? I was thinking "why the hell are you saying this now because I want to jump off this table and run the heck home and lose this weight on my own". But, I knew deep in my heart that I needed to do this. And I did and it has been a great decision.

You are young, if you research this and truly decide this is the right thing for you, you go into it with the right commitment to use the band properly and not undermine it with continued bad eating habits, a year from now your life will be amazingly different... The band will only help you with your eating behaviors, but there is an out-clause and you can cheat it.... If you are really committed to changing your life for the healthier...then this might be the right option for you.

Good luck...

Hi,

I am new too and scared too. I will be banded on 24th November (5 days) have read so many of other peoples posts and have been assured that it is natural to feel scared. At the moment the worse thing for me is sticking to this pre op milk diet.

Good luck to you. keep us posted

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches