Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks and I don't get full that fast

3 hours ago, Carrot64 said:

This was my biggest concern as well. I had gastric bypass feb 4th and within days I felt I could consume more liquids than most and I PANICKED... when I went to regular food I had more restriction . chicken and salmon for sure were hard and I had to chew like crazy and I still get the foamies from some meat... I still feel I can handle higher volumes but, I’ve lost 66 lbs and feel just because I COULD have more it doesn’t mean I should.. it beats getting sick all the time. Please don’t be like me and worry the surgery didn’t take.. you will do fine, promise!

I'm feeling more confident than I did. I ate some salmon and ricotta cheese and I definitely became satisfied quickly! I didn't much but I got to a point after about a quarter to a half a cup of food that I didn't want anymore. That's definitely a new sensation for me. I'm only at 60 grams of Protein today so I really need at least one more Protein Shake to get to eighty. My goal is 100 of protein but I've only been getting to 80 most days, sometimes more or less. But the thing where you can only drink a teensy bit right after surgery, I never had that! When I was in the hospital and they brought in a tray with sugar free Jello, lemon ice, cranberry juice and chicken broth I could drink all of it. I did it slowly as I knew I was supposed to, but I never had any issue getting down all the liquid I was supposed to drink. So that made me nervous. I started to think the surgeon hadn't done the entire surgery! But now I think I was just very lucky.

1 minute ago, madssmadss said:

I'm feeling more confident than I did. I ate some salmon and ricotta cheese and I definitely became satisfied quickly! I didn't much but I got to a point after about a quarter to a half a cup of food that I didn't want anymore. That's definitely a new sensation for me. I'm only at 60 grams of Protein today so I really need at least one more Protein Shake to get to eighty. My goal is 100 of Protein but I've only been getting to 80 most days, sometimes more or less. But the thing where you can only drink a teensy bit right after surgery, I never had that! When I was in the hospital and they brought in a tray with sugar free Jello, lemon ice, cranberry juice and chicken broth I could drink all of it. I did it slowly as I knew I was supposed to, but I never had any issue getting down all the liquid I was supposed to drink. So that made me nervous. I started to think the surgeon hadn't done the entire surgery! But now I think I was just very lucky.

We are LUCKY.. we had no complications.. I was just like you and o never threw up and o worried constantly that I was stretching out my little pouch.. I didn’t and you won’t.. we got this and we will kick butt!

1 minute ago, Carrot64 said:

We are LUCKY.. we had no complications.. I was just like you and o never threw up and o worried constantly that I was stretching out my little pouch.. I didn’t and you won’t.. we got this and we will kick butt!

I have been really lucky. The recovery hasn't been bad at all. I'm now in my fourth week. I have lost about 18 pounds from before the two day liquid diet. I didn't really do any other kind of diet before surgery besides the two day clear liquid diet. Also super happy to have the band out. I didn't realize how bad it had become, heartburn, spitting up.