Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey ya'll. I just got numbers back from labs and they're not good. My Blood Glucose is 158 and my A1C is 8.5. So according to mayo Clinic, I need two blood tests to confirm. But they're starting me on Metformin. I'm kinda stressing it. My Liver enzymes aren't good either but I already knew I had a Fatty Liver. I'm trying to look at the bright side, now my insurance will probably definitely approve my surgery, right? I have one more physician-assisted diet appointment and then everything is done. Any good thoughts?

Only a hug, a pat on the back, a reminder that Bariatric surgery can stop or at least slow down the Diabetes Monster. Every blood lab I have drawn I worry mine will come back like yours. My PCP shakes his head " By all that is holy, you should be diabetic by now!" darn dude sounds disappointed, does he really want all the extra work it would ensue?
Peeved him my BP is better, cholesterol lower, pulse Ox higher and better than his, I have COPD, don't smoke and I'm maybe 35 years older, and then I have the audacity to not turn diabetic, I'm losing weight like a house afire. All his Doom and Gloom was for naught, and looks like I might even outlive him! He is starting to develop a mid-age paunch, should I get in his face and read him the Riot Act.? if he doesn't know,it by now, KARMA IS A FEMALE DOG! (snicker-snicker!)

My good thought for you... I walked out of the hospital off my diabetes meds (was on 2 just before surgery, and a third just a couple of months prior). Post op my sugars were in the high end of normal, and have been coming down ever since. I've been diabetic (in one form or another) for 8+ years. While it's too early to say for sure, I am hopeful that I will be officially in remission in the next few months. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

May it be so, Mrs Gamgee, may it be so and it couldn't happen to a nicer and more deserving person. Maybe Diabetes will be far behind you someday soon!

Thanks Frustr8. I'm sorry your doctor seems to want you to have the disease... that's weird. I'm just hoping everything goes fine with getting insurance approval. I was 41.3 BMI but I've lost 8 lbs and now I'm 39.8, I don't know what the requirements of having Diabetes is. Do you have to have been diagnosed for a certain amount of time?

So sorry to hear that. My husband and brother are both diabetic and it's hard on your system. My husband takes 4 medications and my brother is on Insulin. Take care.

I'm 2 months post gastric bypass and my type 2 diabetes is in remission. They took me off my 2 diabetes meds the day of my surgery. I pray your diabetes goes into remission. Too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

You know that is an excellent question. When my late hubby found out, his doctor told him your Blood sugar is like 240, we will start you on Metformin and go from there. That was one,of the last visits he let me go to, got real secretive after that. We did not share a doctor, and with HIPPA unless I happened to be present, the Doctor wasn't allowed to tell me a doggone thing. I wish I had known before he died that he had gone into end-stage Kidney disease, but I had no clue. He didn't have the same symptoms my LTC patients had, so I had no clue until the attending doctor came out, yelled at me I should have brought him in for dialysis, how could I do that when I had no clue.? I had just become a widow and he stands there screaming at me in front of my children? I felt his actions were less than professional, besides hubby was very strong- willed, he would not have gone there willingly. And curse Hippa, it seems they protected his right to die, not my wish to continue trying to help him. I had been his wife for 44 years, but apparently I did not matter. Did the Diabetes speed it? I will never know.