Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So since 2016 I have been approved for weight loss surgery twice ! Each time it was canceled due to a seizure I had ! I have uncontrollable seizures ☹️. I’ve tried so hard to lose this weight on my own I get 5-10 lbs down but that’s it ! I have 200 to lose ! When they were canceled I was like there’s your answer but I keep getting more miserable and my arthritis hurts I can’t stand or walk very much ! I have kids and a grandson and I haven’t worked in 4 years I’m 46 and want my life back !!!! Any thoughts????

Maybe your weight is making your seizures worse, I know it is a stretch, but seeing diabetics can go off their meds, hypertension people can cut back on BP meds, who is to say the weight loss would not help. Maybe your neurologist can somehow work in tandem with your bariatric surgeon to ensure you the BEST OUTCOME!
I am the mama to an epileptic, currently under control, but it's like sitting on the edge of a sharp knife, if you slip, you could get cut. And like every Mama, I wish it was me instead of him that had them. There have been times when in the midst, tears ran down his face, yeah probably reflexive but it tears my 💔to see it.
Yes I had my surgery for ME but also so I could still be here for him. My PCP was making noises that my weight could KILL me, now I have a new lease on life, 111 pounds lost since surgery 9 months ago, a little more to Goal but I believe in me and that I can do it!
You're 46, I was twice that when I had my surgery, I came through and I believe you can too, there has just got to be a way for it to happen! Your kids, your grandson , they want and need you here, but wouldn't it be nice to have a more streamlined model, one who can survive daily stress and still be the best. And Amelia, I want it for YOU!

Well near enough to twice, 36 twice, yeah 72, I'm 73 now, and I wasted a lot of years obese, years I could have been,up and doing more physically, hard to when you hurt so bad that you don't want to move at all!

Both my neurologist my cardiologist and my primary all have said I need this! I’ve tried everything! My BMI is 52 from what I read every one else has much lower and they had the surgery! Since I have already been approved twice and had seizures that canceled it and the negative comments! I have told nobody not even my mom or my kids that I’m thinking about this ! For the first time in my life I feel I need to do this for me ! I haven’t worked in 4 years I can’t stand for more than 10 min my arthritis is so bad in my lower back and knee ! My kids think I’m worthless and never want to help me I can’t live with this constant pain and depression because I’m fat 😭 I just thought I wasn’t fat enough but I guess I am ☹️

Well yea you are, that's almost exactly my BMI when I went to Ohio State, thought they might deny me on age. So you got me always in Your Corner, been there, done that, now much smaller, and if I could do it with the Basal Metabolism of a Sick Sea 🐌 Snail, then most anybody canI.. Hey get documentation from each of your specialities, especially the neurologist. If he will state, in writing, it is in his professional opinion that you would benefit from THIS, it should carry a LOT of weight in the decision. Buck up Amelia and do go for it! Your body, your health status, even your joints will thank you for it! Oh I will always have 2 replaced knees, but I don't stagger, can move and walk better and my limp is at the" Does she have one or not" stage, use my cane to pull food items to the edge of the grocery shelf as well as for walking. And there was a time when I couldn't stand up without constant propping up! Come on Babe, join Me!

My biggest fear was always that I would be that I won’t wake up ! Now I have days that I don’t want to wake up ! I’m not pitiful I’m just giving myself motivation! I’m at my lowest and I need to do this for me ! My 1st obstacle is getting to my appointment on June 16th I have medical Transportation that covers 60 miles ! My surgeon is 62 please pray they will take me , I have nobody else

Know what you mean, my surgeon is 50 miles from my town. They are thinking of starting a modified Bariatric program at my local hospital, only lap band and VSG so far. Knew I couldn't wait until 2020 and I had to be a Bypass, it would correct all my problems, whereas the Sleeve would not, and I didn't want to try for Revision later. So I went to Ohio State, a Center of Excellence hospital from the word go, my surgeon is the Big 🐕, the chief of Bariatric Medicine and Metabolic Weight Loss, a Full Professor in COLLEGE of MEDICINE. And a wonderful skilled surgeon, if I have a crush on him, it is for his abilities, he is the kind of doctor I once aspired to be. Of course I doubt I would have wished to become a General Surgeon, let alone a Bariatric one, my chosen dream was Immunology. And I believe I would have been a Good One! But life, love and finances got in my way and all the Woulda- Coulda-Shoulda in the World can't repair that! But I still cry when I see the United Negro College Fund commercial comes on, the one that says "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" and I am white but it still applies to ME so I cry💦for the lost opportunities. And now you know something about me that few dom

Do