Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

I am on my way to having the lap band (had 3 of the 6 required dr. visits).. I am excited about this venture, although wonder if this means never a cold glass of beer? Or a glass of wine?

thanks for the reply :bubbly butt" (smile) You wouldn't happenen to be a Nurse now would ya>

Well, that thing hanging on the wall claims I am!

Who would'a known! ;)

The lap band is an amazing tool. It's hard, no doubts there. But I am here to tell you that it is the kind of hard WE can do, our population.

You can do this. Hang in there, it will happen! If you want it bad enough, it will happen. That's a promise!

WannabHealthy:

Congratulations on your 3 of 6 Dr. visits.....you are in for the time of your life......this board is wonderful and has great experience.....I have benefited from the experience and knowledge.....also, wasabubblebutt is a nurse and has some of the most knowledgeable advice of anyone on this board.....so if you want the truth, just ask.....she will be glad to tell you...honestly I have saved myself from some misery by just reading her posts and listening to her advice...sometimes the doctors just don't take the time to tell us what we need to know.....all of the minor details that could save the life of your band.....so enjoy and keep coming back here and reading so you can maintain a healthy band and life. We welcome you with open arms

Hi wannabhealthy,

I too am on my journey to being banded. You are 2 steps ahead. I have my first consultation appointment. I have been reading all throughout this site it is excellent. I have gotten lots of information here that when I asked a couple of questions the surgeon at the informational seminar was very impressed.

Hopefully we can keep share our journeys to being banded!;)

thank you so much for the words of encouragement!! I too am a Nurse and know all the wrong things that I have done to contribute to my failures with weight loss!!! I am truly hoping that this journey will be a life changing event for me. Thanks again!

I am a nurse as well, I am 6 days post op and wish I would have found this web site months ago (just didn't look I guess). I am new to chatting and forums and stuff, but have enjoyed reading these. Good luck on your journies both of you, it was a long one for me, but I finally made it to operation day......now for the rest of my life.

WannabHealthy:

Congratulations on your 3 of 6 Dr. visits.....you are in for the time of your life......this board is wonderful and has great experience.....I have benefited from the experience and knowledge.....also, wasabubblebutt is a nurse and has some of the most knowledgeable advice of anyone on this board.....so if you want the truth, just ask.....she will be glad to tell you...honestly I have saved myself from some misery by just reading her posts and listening to her advice...sometimes the doctors just don't take the time to tell us what we need to know.....all of the minor details that could save the life of your band.....so enjoy and keep coming back here and reading so you can maintain a healthy band and life. We welcome you with open arms

Lori Ann...

Thank you. That is so sweet of you to write!

Thanks again.

Hi!

I know that my doctor said to avoid all carbonated beverages after banding, so I'm assuming that includes beer. I chose not to drink alcohol before I was banded (pretty much none since my 20s), so this hasn't been an issue for me post-banding. Besides, I really don't need to sabotage my weight loss by drinking high-calorie liquids like alcohol anyway.

I've read many posts about people drinking alcohol post-banding on this site, so I know some folks are able to. I would say that the best advice I can give you is to follow whatever your doctor advises so your surgical procedure goes well and you can achieve the weight-loss results you want!

Good luck with your surgery!