Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in East Texas

Hey everyone,

I live in Lufkin Texas and I will be submitting all of my information to BCBS (I work for the school district) and waiting for approval. I hope to have my surgery over Christmas break so that I will have time off to recover without missing time off of work. Does anyone out there have this insurance? I was told that it paid if the procedure is medically necessary. I also wanted to know if anyone used Dr. Hambrick or Dr. Meyers in Lufkin Texas. This is who I am thinking of using, but I can't find anyone who has used them for the LapBand. Just wanted a little feedback. I would also love to talk to someone out there from my area for support. I need it bad. I am a single parent of four young children and no family around. I work full time and go to school full time as well. Just looking for someone to talk with and maybe for a little encouragment.

Thanks!

Welcome, justagirl! I used to live in Lufkin myself! I currently live in Willis, just north of Houston and I was banded 6-4-07. I have Cigna insurance and was banded by Dr. Naaman in Houston (he's retiring...:)

I too work for a school district..I am a 7th grade Language Arts teacher. I wish you the best of luck in your journey. I think the hardest part is the insurance approval process. Make sure you have everything they require before you submit. There is a bunch of good info here, so look around and again WELCOME!

Hello Just a Girl,

I use to live in Nacogdoches while my husband was in school at SFASU, 95-98. I worked at the blood center there. I have uhc. It paid 90%, it took about 3 months to get all approved, etc.

You can do it, hang in there, time will pass and before you know it you will be one healthy active mom.

Hey! I live in Longview Tx. So I am not all that far from you!

I was self pay- So I chose to go to Mexicali and have Dr Aceves do my surgery! It was AWSOME!!!! I was so impressed by the entire staff and the way they treat everyone!

I had surgery on Oct 1st and I am doing pretty well.

As of last Sat(I weight every Sat.) I have lost 29#

I havent gone yet for my first fill, but I will once I stop losing weight on a regular basis.

I am fitting in jeans that I havent been able to wear in over a yr and it feels great!!!

If you need anyone to talk to just email me at:

crazey4catz@aol.com

Good luck!

Genia

I live in huntington and am going to be using dr. Meyer! I have known several people that have used him and he is great! I have to do 6 months of nutritional counseling before I can get my surgery. I have Aetna! Good luck and I hope your approved! :wink2::thumbup:

Hi Just a girl,

I know it's been a while since your post but have you had your surgery yet or have you decided who to use? I am using Dr Hambric but I Know both him and Dr Meyer from working at one of the local hospitals and would have chosen either one I've just known Dr Hambric longer so I went with him. I have friends that have used both and have all had excellent results.

James

James, do you know anything about Dr. Clifton Thomas out of Nacogdoches (he also does some surgeries in Houston) ?

I know who he is but that's about it. I know one person that's used him but she is one of those closet bandsters and won't discuss it or even try being a supportive person. Too afraid someone might find out she had it done I guess.

Edited by JamesRN

Hello My name is Teressa and I live in Kirbyville Texas..I was banded in Houston on July 16 By Dr.Spivak and i have lost 30 lbs,..I had my first fill on Aug 16..Everything is good so far...Good luck ...Can someone tell me how to get that Ticker thing ..That is awesome..Thanks:thumbup:

Im using Dr. Stephanie in Tyler Texas for my fill doctor. I am cash pay, no insurance. Is Tyler East enough to be called East Texas? I saw her last Sat.

Can someone tell me how to get that Ticker thing ..That is awesome..Thanks:thumbup:

Just click on my ticker and it will bring you to the site. Go to user CP and then I pasted the code into the big white space, not the lines to get it to work.

Once you paste it in you are set if you bookmark the page for your ticker, just change your ticker on their site and it will change it here.

Hello, My name is Joanna and I live in Gilmer, TX ; I am having my surgery done in Tyler; by Dr. Babineau. Because of my insurance I have to use ETMC. I work for ETMC. I don't have a date yet, somewhere around March or later, I have to do the 6 months of nutritional counseling. Has anyone used him? I know of a few that have had the by-pass though him but not the lap band.

Hi I'm Nena and I'm from Beaumont. I was banded in Houston by Dr. Michael Storey. I like him. When I went for my surgery THREE of the nurses had been banded by him and absolutely LOVED him! Isn't that funny? So no jitters for me. Oh poor Lufkin girl, I bet all my fellow Beaumontonians are flooding your town. Ol' Gustav is running everyone off! I looked up my doctor on the internet, checked to see if he'd had any lawsuits filed against him, looked for blogs about him to find honest opinions. Sorry I don't have anymore suggestions for you. I got banded this past Sunday and am feeling pretty good so far. Good Luck to you!