Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help to understand

Hi fellow bandsters can you help

I've had my band for a year now. I am having some trouble losing the weight. I seem to be losing a few pounds then gaining them back then losing them etc. etc. I have been thinking of converting over to a bypass but I am now having second thought as I am thinking that maybe i am not using my band properly. I am able to eat a fairly large meal with my band but I also drink while im eating although I know i shouldnt be I find I cannot eat anything if I do not have a drink with my meal.

I was talking to some other bandsters and they were telling me when they have a drink they can only sip it. Yet i am able to drink 3 pints of Fluid without any troubles.

When I am sat down eating I can eat a good size meal but when I stand up after eating i start to PB. And this happens almost every time I have a meal.

Does anybody have any advice or have any similar problems to what I do as I realy dont want to resort to having the bypass.

thanks take care

Shaun :whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

I would definitely be sure that I was following all of the rules for eating and getting adjustments before I considered another surgery. Frankly, gastric bypass has rules, too, and you could find yourself not losing again if you're not following them.

I agree with kacee that you should see your doctor and discuss whether you need an adjustment. Good luck!

Seems to me like you don't have enough restriction. I would make an appointment with your doctor and add a fill as a possibility. Describe exactly what you told us to the doctor and you should get some direction there.

As for the bypass, I would exhaust all my remedies with the Lap Band. It may just be you need a fill, change your diet, and additional surgery may not be necessary.

PB is an inidication that something didn't go down 'the pipe' as it should. From my own experience, it was either too much of a bite, too much food, too fast to swallow, or the wrong food to eat. I had a large piece of turkey about two months after my surgery and it was only one bite but I ate it too fast and the next thing I knew my body took over and began gagging and slimeing up that piece of meat. Your body will tell you so much if you learn to listen to it.

Best to you! and remember to be patient with yourself. We are all still learning each day. I'm glad you love yourself enough to care about getting the weight off and are willing to go to additional measures. They just might not be necessary.

i had a fill in sep 15th and i would just like to say thanks for replying it rely does make a difference to me.

I think i may need a small Fill .:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

I agree it sounds like to me that you need a fill as well. Also you really need to stop drinking while your eating. You said you "Can not " eat anything unless you drink with your meal ? Im wondering if that is not psychological ?

If you continue to drink with your meals your going to continue to be hungry sooner than you should be and also take the chance of stretching your pouch.

Just my input

Mindy

Hi everyone I was just wondering I phoned my surgeon today and he has got me booked in to tomorrow for a fill but I want to get the best from it what would you all recommend may be drinking a lot before it. You see I always have restriction in the morning but by the evening it has gone. And that is when I do most of my eating but I get my fill in the morning.

What do you think.

thank you

Shaun x:help::help:

Hi everyone I was just wondering I phoned my surgeon today and he has got me booked in to tomorrow for a fill but I want to get the best from it what would you all recommend may be drinking a lot before it. You see I always have restriction in the morning but by the evening it has gone. And that is when I do most of my eating but I get my fill in the morning.

What do you think.

thank you

Shaun x:help::help:

I dont think drinking a lot has anything to do with it ?

If your tighter in the mornings I would have tried to schedule it in the afternoons then ?

I dont think trying to "trick" things is the answer, you just need to go .

Personally i dont see drinking a lot would make a difference.

Maybe drinking some warm tea or warm liquid would help in opening you up ? If your worried about it see if you can go in in the afternoon ?

MIndy

im not trying to trick anything i just want the best for my band. plus i need to go to london to get my fills that is a 7 ++ hour rould trip. Going in the afternoon would mean getting home in the late evening was just wondering why it is so tight in the morning maybe because you get dehydrated through the night.? thanks for your advice Mindy :-)

im not trying to trick anything i just want the best for my band. plus i need to go to london to get my fills that is a 7 ++ hour rould trip. Going in the afternoon would mean getting home in the late evening was just wondering why it is so tight in the morning maybe because you get dehydrated through the night.? thanks for your advice Mindy :-)

sorry didnt mean to offend you . Many peoples bands are tight in the am including mine. different docs have different theories as to why , one is due to deyhdration , one is from laying down and your stomach swells.

I know lots of people who's bands are tight in the am .

Does your doc use Flouro ?

I would talk to him about it maybe to day ? It might be better to get home later though ? My fills are always in the after noon and I have to drive over an hour ( granted its not 7) round trip to get there.

Like i said warm drinks might be your best bet to open it up .

HTH

Mindy

thanks Mindy you did not offend me you are just what i need :-) :-) thank you

im going to get up early so lunch will be my dinner :-) i dont no what Flouro is ?

Flouro is the xray machine they use when they give you a fill. Im assuming its not use if you dont know what it is , its helps the doc give a more accurate picture of your restrcition

Mindy

What a difference I have gone a year thinking that I had restriction and the band was not working I went to see my surgeon yesterday Show Summers I usually go to the company that organised my surgery. ( No more )

and he asked me some questions about what I can eat and what I cant eat.

He agreed that I needed a fill

when he put the needle in (1st time not 4th 5th) he said that I'd definitely needed a fill because there was no backpressure on the plunger in the syringe. He put in ¾ mill.

God has it made a difference. I have been able to eat Soup with a little bread.< /span>

But before I had to fill I could eat a foot long from subway the night before i had the fill.

I'd be lucky if I could eat a quarter now. :-) :-) I cannot gulp drinks any more. But can drink them slowly :-) :-) thank you everyone for your advice:scared: