Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eastern washington banders

Good for you Heidi

when I was talking with Dr. Trotter he said to first list the co-morbidities, with weight being the last thing to list for the referral. Do not put it is a referral for lap band. Just put the reasons you want to see him. Then Dr. Trotter will take it from there with the lap band. For example mine said hypertension, sleep apnea, metabolic syndrome, and the last thing was weight, lap band not mentioned. Hope this helps.

deb

The meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of every month @ 6:00p.m. in the downstairs of Holy Family Hospital on the N. side of Spokane. Go up Division take a right on Rowan and you are there. Just go in the main visitor door and down the elevator you will see signs pointing you in the right direction. If you tell us what night your husband is coming I will bring mine too so he will not be the only guy there and we can direct the meeting towards information to the family of the lapband patient. Hope to meet you soon!

Lisa

Thanks Lisa, I will let you know when I plan to come. It will probably be after my first appointment with Dr. Trotter. How long does it take to get in for the initial visit?

Heidi

I had my Drs. Appointment today and I feel it went great!!!!

I can't write much at the moment but will be back in a bit

Heidi

phone number 509-397-6372

Ok, Today I had my drs appointment with my regular doctor. First of all my BMI is 45 not 40 like I thought. I am going to have my sleep apnea test on Feb 4th. This Monday I will have a bunch of fasting labs drawn, Blood sugar, Lipids etc. The Girl in the "Referrel department" was really cool. She got on my insurance web site and looked up some of the "hoops" Group Health will have me jump through. It looked like they require 1 or more co-morbidities. So she thought we should just take care of some of them prior to making the appointment so thats what the plan is.

My Doc was, as I expected, very supportive but also afraid that i would need to gain like 30 pounds to qualify but the referral girl didn't think so. He said he would document anything I needed or wanted documented and was all for it if I can get past the insurance approval.

So, thats where I am at! What do you think?

Heidi

Glad to hear about the appt. With a bmi of 45 you should not have to gain any more weight. Looks to me like you are in a good spot, once you jump through a few hoops. Were are you having the sleep apnea study done. it was a trip for me. All guys and then me. I call it my slumber party. (sarcasm) Had to do it twice because the first time they forgot to do something. Don't plan on the work the day after. I really was tired the next day and glad I didn't have to work.

Anxious to hear how it is going.

deb

three weeks for me. I heard a lot about Dr. always being late, however his appts have been relatively quick for me.

deb

Well I got my results of all my lab work I had done last week. I don't think I will be able to use any lab work as a co-morbidity. Everything came out way too good......which in most ways is good because I am healthy. I thought I might have high cholosteral but nooo it was 180. My blood sugar was 77.

Next I go for my sleep apnea test on Feb 4th...we'll see how that turns out. If that is negative do you think I can still get aproved with a BMI of 45 and achy joints? I hope so.

Heidi

Sorry One more question. To get aproval to see Dr. Trotter what should I have my doctor put as reason he is referring me if not bariatrics

Thanks

Heidi..

Hey you guys what about all this snow!!! School was cancelled today and we had a late start yesterday. We have sooooo much snow it is amazing!

Well technically you are obese, I did not have any comorbidities and a bmi of 39.5. I had been trying to lose weight for years and my Dr. new it so that in itself is why I went to see Dr. Trotter. I was approved for insurance without any problems.

with a BMI of 45, I don't think you have to have co-morbidity. I think you will eventually be able to get it done. You might have to first go through GH nutrition program.

Am anxious to hear how it goes.

deb