Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded on Friday!

I am preparing to be banded next Thursday the 29th. A little nervous...not about the decision, mostly about keeping myself fed afterward and what I should be stocking up on at home. Best wishes to you!!!!

Here's what I suggest you should have to get you through the first 3 days after surgery for the clear liquid diet. Your doctor should provide you with a list of acceptable foods for the full liquid portion, which you or someone else can buy before the 3 days are up. You should be able to get around easily enough to get to a grocery store. The abdomen pain in the incision area is the most pain you should feel and that is only when you move around and you are using you stomach muscles and then that really isn't bad. Your doctor will give you pain pills for that.

Then have these on hand:

Clear chicken broth in a can (heat and sip like soup)

Tea (hot or cold, if you like it. Avoid coffee during the first 3 days).

Jello (suggest not sugar free at this time, you need some calories)

Isopure Protein drink (you can buy single serving bottles at GNC or similar store. You need Protein to keep you from feeling too hungry).

Your favorite, clear fruit juice; I suggest cranberry or pomagranite.

I mix the juice with the Protein Drink 1/2 and 1/2 and it tastes great!

Oh, course keep sipping Water.

Have chewable Gas-X pills (I don't have shoulder pain gas that some people get, but I definitely have gas in the stomach area).

Liquid Adult Tylenol (since you want to avoid swallowing pills at this time, or at least cut all pills down to pea size).

If you have any problems with Constipation, go out and get Milk of Magnesa; tip try smallest suggested dose first; works great!

If you have diarrehea, go out and get Imodium AD (cut pills in half to take).

Have plenty of bandaids, guaze pads, and polysporin (not neosporin) to clean and treat the five incisions you have on your belly daily. Guaze pads are used to clean incisions with antibacterial soap and Water and to dry incisions.

I tried many bandaids and they gave me a rash.

I suggest Curad Extreme Hold, assorted sizes.

Seems like a lot to think about, but it's not as bad as it seems. If you don't have everything you can always go run out and buy it as needed. No worries. The surgery is fast and you'll be surprised how easy the recovery is!

Best wishes to you! Let us know how you did.

I was banded on November 13th also and it has not been easy...being hungry all day everyday is my main problem...but! I am hanging in there. It seems it is different for everyone.

I GUESS EVERYONE is different hang in there after a week and a half or so i started feeling alot better i just keep telling myself it will all be worth it lol! good luck god bless!