Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just back from my Surgery in Mexico!!

It's done! Thank goodness, because the waiting was the worst. Dr. Kuri and his staff are great! I had the lapband surgery Friday, Nov. 16th and returned home today, Saturday, Nov. 17th. The first 12 hours I felt like crap. Sore stomach, sore throat, cold (from surgery) and lethargic. Now I am much, much better. My stomach is still sore, of course, where the incisions were made, especially the port area. But I don't really feel any soreness unless I move around, walking or trying to get up from the sofa. So not bad at all. I don't have any gas pain in my shoulder are anywhere else that some people get. At this rate I should be able to get back to my desk job on Monday.

I'm doing my Clear Liquids, chicken broth, Ispure Protein Drink, Jello, Water, and gatorade. My stomach was growling earlier, but has stopped, I think the Protein drink helped with that, plus I just keep sipping on the liquids.< /span>

I made another bandster friend named Pat, and she is from the San Diego area, too. I told her about this site. Her daughter came with her, my husband came with me. We all had our last dinner at Los Arcos, highly recommended, and I understand they plan to open a Los Arcos , I believe, in Chula Vista, California.

As an official Bandister (one who gets banded in Mexico), I look forward to my new life and the new bandster friends I will meet.:clap2:

Rhonda

Congratulations Rhonda!! Welcome to the club.......now the real fun begins.

Great to hear that you are doing well. Keep us informed on your progress.

Glad you're doing well! Keep babying yourself even as you're feeling better. Unfortunately, you sometimes don't know when you've overdone it until it's too late!

Congratulations!

You're right about not getting too excited just yet. I am more sore today than yesterday. I can see how some people might do too much in the first day or two. I was reading on another message that you are most sore on days 3 and 4. I will definitely take it easy until I get past those days!

Congratulations Rhonda!! Welcome to the club.......now the real fun begins.

Great to hear that you are doing well. Keep us informed on your progress.

Thanks Kristin. How are you feeling now that you're 2 weeks out?

Well Rhonda today is the best day I have yet. I was able to be up most of all day and am not all that tired. I worked out in my kitchen today making things for my lunch this week at work.

I move on to the mushies stage tomorrow and wanted to be ready. I also made a meatloaf for DH he has been so wonderful and I have not cooked a home cooked meal for him in over two and a half weeks. He was beginning to go through withdrawl I do believe. I love to cook and it did not bother me at all to cook it and not eat it.

I have not felt any hunger since my surgery. WOW hope it stays that way....LOL

I am anxious to get back to working out, that is my next goal.

So yes it is better, but this is only the end of my first week after surgery. So I have to be very happy indeed with my progress.

Well Rhonda today is the best day I have yet. I was able to be up most of all day and am not all that tired. I worked out in my kitchen today making things for my lunch this week at work.

I move on to the mushies stage tomorrow and wanted to be ready. I also made a meatloaf for DH he has been so wonderful and I have not cooked a home cooked meal for him in over two and a half weeks. He was beginning to go through withdrawl I do believe. I love to cook and it did not bother me at all to cook it and not eat it.

I have not felt any hunger since my surgery. WOW hope it stays that way....LOL

I am anxious to get back to working out, that is my next goal.

So yes it is better, but this is only the end of my first week after surgery. So I have to be very happy indeed with my progress.

Right. You're not yet 2 weeks out. Glad you're doing well. Wish I wasn't, but I'm hungry on this clear liquid diet. Just one more day of it though and I can go to full liquids.

Best wishes for your success.

Hey there. How was the flight coming back? I was cursing at my husband the entire 1/2 hour drive home.

Linda