Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Approved :-)

I phoned my insurance company on Friday 11-16-07 to check on the status of my pre-auth request and it was approved within three days biggrin.gif.

This process has been long and not without it's challenges. My first doctor only did the RNY. I was going to go through with it but finally realized it was not what I wanted and then began to pursue the lap band. My second doctor did the lap band, but after research I found out that the $5,500 :) after care fee above and beyond the insurance requirement was an additional expense was not needed. Phoned the insurance company about the fee to see if it was "standard" that is when I found out it was not. angry.gif. They were wondering exacting what I needed an additional aftercare/maintenance fee for. I told them that it was for the fills/nutrionist, lab work and doctors vist, they informed me that is what my insurance was for.

Asked and received referrals from other lapbanders in my area. Received a referral, call and immediately got in due to a cancellation and took all of my paperwork in. The surgeon was so impressed with my knowledge about the surgery, life changes and what I had brought with me, he told the surgery co-coordinator, book a date and send the insurance information in and needless to say I was approved in three days. clap.gif

Oh I did I mention that they my new doctor did not have a maintence fee, his office staff did not know what I was talking about when I asked that question. They were like the insurance company, that is what you have insurance for. Then I found out that he knew my previous doctor and was glad to take me on as a patient. I was told my fills would be covered with an office visit.- now imagine my surprise eek.gif

I am truly happy, move over here comes another one loser :whoo:.

I Am Soooooo Happy For You!!! Cant Wait For My Big Date!!! Have They Set A Surgery Date For You?? Which Insurance Do You Have. I Feel Bad For The People Who Used That First Dr. Just Think Of How The People That He Has Gotten Over On??!?!?!

I have Blue Cross PPO insurance. The schedule told me that she would try to fit me in this year, if not Jan 2008. As far as the other doctor, I can only imagine how many patients he has that have paid the "maintenance fee". Thanks

I dont mean to be nosey but you got approved fast I have BCBS PPO and will be on a tight deadline to get approved and get my surgery done this year...but my question is this and certainly dont answer if you dont want to...I just wanted to know what my chances would be of getting approved quickly as well....what is your bmi and do you havce any comorbidities...again dont answer if you dont want and i hope that you dont view me as being too nosey...but i just was wondering...my 6mo weight loss is up dec 14...and my insurance will change in january...right now they pay 100% of the lapband but in january they will only pay 80% and I will have to pay my $400 ded. on top of that.....thanks and CONGRATS!!!!!!!