Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not good news

Well I had my first fill on the 26th Oct but within 3-4 days was feeling hungry and managing bread quite easily, another trip to doc and there should have been 4mls in the band but only 3 came out. So he put in 4mls and things were pretty good, but we suspect a slight port leek which may have to be replaced. So there was my first bit of possible bad news. Then cutting a long story short I have just been diagnosed with MS at the lovely age of 37 what a big bummer. The pain in my back and arm are driving me insane and I am on high dose steriods and we all know what they can do............ On a good note I have now dropped 12 kg since 12th Sept so not all bad and I dont seem to have put any weight on due to the steriods its stayed stable. I am seeing the doc again on the 27th for another fill, but I am not going to worry about the port until I have the MS under control. So at the mo I am in limbo land, not able to exercise because my leg is numb and my back hurts, on steriods and because I have to take a few tablets for the MS I am concerned that I cant have to big a tightening.

Jo

Jo that is not great news for you and I am sorry I do know really what to say, but I just wanted to respond and let you know that I would love to offer you support from a distance (SA).

I have 3 friends with MS, and one of them, my friend in Vic was diagnosed just about 2 years ago, so I can somewhat appreciate your current journey of ups, downs, hopes, despair and probably many questions etc.

I wish you all the very best.

Jo I was just looking through the rest of the Australian threads and there is one for Australian Bandsters with MS on page 3 or 4. Maybe the link below will work and you could resurrect the thread again.expand.gifAustralian MS Bandsters (multipage.gif1 2 3)

Hilary

Joho:

Sorry about your troubles. My Sister, my bff, has had one episode with MS, so although they're 99% sure she has it, they won't technically say that she has it until she has another episode. She has lesions on her spine that effect her left arm, and of course, she's left handed. Shortly after it started to bother her they put her on steroids too. The thing that I wanted to tell you most of all though, is that she's been on copaxone since shortly after they figured out that she probably has ms and hasn't had an episode since (about 9 months). The numbness has dissipated some, but not all the way. My Sister is a very strong woman. God gave her a special child. My Neice has cerebral palsy (severely disabled - 15 years old - quadriplegic), and my Sister has always been very strong for Danielle. One of the reasons why I want to lose this burdensome weight is so that I can help my Sister and my Neice if my Sister gets sicker. But so far, the copaxone is helping tremendously. Please take a look online for copaxone and discuss it with your neurologist. My Sister has to give herself one injection per day, but there's very little side effects compared to some of the other choices. Best wishes for finding a successful drug treatment for you.

Take care.

Sue