Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just want to remind everyone to be sure to get whey Protein isolate, no matter where you get it from.

If you buy the whey Protein concentrate, it will not blend easily in any liquid (except with a blender) and has lactose as a filler.

The isolate is a little more expensive, but well worth it. For all of us that will have to take a protein supplement for the rest of our lives, it's important to get the best for our bodies. :biggrin1:

I just want to remind everyone to be sure to get whey Protein isolate, no matter where you get it from.

If you buy the whey Protein concentrate, it will not blend easily in any liquid (except with a blender) and has lactose as a filler.

The isolate is a little more expensive, but well worth it. For all of us that will have to take a protein supplement for the rest of our lives, it's important to get the best for our bodies. :biggrin1:

Great reminder! Also, I've tried other whey Proteins before and had terrible cramping and bloating. I'm not normally lactose intolerant but that pushed me over the edge! But I haven't had any trouble with the unjury, which is whey potein isolate.

Thanks!

:Dthanks I didn't know that. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE THINKS YOU GUYS MIX IN YOUR unjury. I JUST WANT SOME IDEAS ON ALL TO CHANGE THINGS UP SOME

When I have vanilla Unjury, I put a little orange Crystal Light and blend with crushed ice. Tastes like an orange Dreamsicle. When I have chocolate Unjury, I blend it with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter or PB2 (powdered Peanut Butter I buy at Bell Plantation - PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - Home). That tastes like a peanut butter cup. Yum.

The strawberry sorbet flavor is pretty good mixed with Crystal Light lemonade. I mix chocolate and vanilla with skim milk to help me get in my Calcium. I won't be banded until after the first of the year but I figure getting a little extra Protein in now can only make me healthier for the surgery. I have been drinking a shake for Breakfast for a week or so now.

I was surprised and very pleased at how quickly it came in the mail. The sample sizes were nice for trying them out but the larger containers are much cheaper per serving.

Where do you get powdered Peanut Butter?

I've never tried the flavoured unjury ..but I think the unflavoured is yucky! I can't get past the smell of it and I have tried every trick about stiring it and leaving it to sit and coming back to it. Maybe I just have really picky taste buds ..or sense of smell.. or something ..because I just can't handle the stuff.

Thankfully I'm just on the edge of being able to eat "normal" food and I can get my Protein elsewhere.

-Libby

I orderd the unjury four days before my surgery and received it the day before......I got the chocolate the chicken Soup and the unflavored. I have not liked the unflavored but have yet to add it to any food.

I like the chocolate fine it does not have a bad after taste like some of the Protein powders do. However the chicken Soup has a terrible after taste, but when you are craving taste this works just fine.

I mix mine in only 8 ounces of liquid makes it easier to get down in small amounts.

I am going to order some of the powdered Peanut Butter and try it.

The Welcome to the unjury Homepage website always has recipes on it too. One thing I found in ordering whey Protein isolate is being careful of the carb count.

When I order from Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, books, DVDs & more, I always pop on the "Nutrition Facts" before I add it to my basket. And as I said, I always make sure I can get the free shipping too. (Some of their stores charge for shipping)

It would have easy if any of our local drugstores had WPI (whey Protein isolate), but all they simply say is "Whey Protein" and I can't help but feel they are the concentrate (and I'm lactose intolerant :)).