Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody started the pre-op diet yet??

I just started today and it's going pretty well. I tried lots of Protein flavors and blends over the past month to find ones I would like and can stick with. I use unjury - chocolate with hood calorie counter milk 2x a day (tastes just like chocolate milk); strawberry sorbet mixed with Water and crystal light lemonade flavor (strawberry lemonade); vanilla mixed with Water and crystal light orange or diet v-8 tropical splash (kind of like a creamsicle flavor).

Kris

lap-band scheduled - 12.11.07

Heavy - have you been weighing yourself during pre-op? I'm a nut about daily weighing (always have been), but it's nice to feel a little lighter everyday. It surprises me that I'm down 5.3 pounds in 3 days, although I feel like I've lost 20. It's great to have that feeling again. Instead of waking up every morning feeling sorry for myself since I ate so much food the night before. I love the euphoric feelings that come with dieting. I guess this is why I have been a serial dieter my whole life....

I can eat food on my pre opt diet 4 oz of lean meat 1/2 cup of veggies, fruit and 2 Protein Shakes a day. but the first 2 days was awful , but today I was fine for lunch I got a diet coke with to barnes and nobel read some book for my hour lunch came back and I am fine today, yesterday I almost ate the plants at work I was so hungry:hungry:

Man I am so hungry today I am losing my mind, :hungry: I am going to the bookstore again for lunch to try to get the hungry off my mind but man.... if I don't eat something soon I am going to lose it I am like a person that smoke trying to get I am getting cranky, and snapping at everyone :faint:

what have you been having? Soups? liquid drinks? I would advise some sort of Soup that has a good flavor to it. I had oyster stew last night and it was very filling. I gave the oysters to my dog and just had the soup from it. Try to fight it girl, you've come a long way already. I know how hard it is. I gave up smoking at the same time, so I'm doing without smoking AND without solid foods. try to fill up on something that is acceptable to your dieting requirements.

So far I have put black bean Soup, 99% fat free new england clam chowder and vegetable soup in the blender and they come out quite good. You can also add the Protein Powder to them. You can still suck them up through a straw and the Soups keep you quite full for at least 2 hours or so. If I had to do Clear Liquids I would add some Fibercon or something so the Fiber can help you stay full. Anyone else have any ideas? Do you have to do clear liquids after surgery? :help:

Heavy - have you been weighing yourself during pre-op? I'm a nut about daily weighing (always have been), but it's nice to feel a little lighter everyday. It surprises me that I'm down 5.3 pounds in 3 days, although I feel like I've lost 20. It's great to have that feeling again. Instead of waking up every morning feeling sorry for myself since I ate so much food the night before. I love the euphoric feelings that come with dieting. I guess this is why I have been a serial dieter my whole life....

I haven't been, just because I didn't feel like I was losing any weight. I went for a doctor's appt. today and weighed in at 373, so I am down 15 pounds since the first time I went in. My wedding ring is sliding off and on much easier all of a sudden. :P

I can eat food on my pre opt diet 4 oz of lean meat 1/2 cup of veggies, fruit and 2 Protein shakes a day. but the first 2 days was awful , but today I was fine for lunch I got a diet coke with to barnes and nobel read some book for my hour lunch came back and I am fine today, yesterday I almost ate the plants at work I was so hungry:hungry:

My Diet Coke's what I miss the most. I'm glad I didn't find that out until after I had committed, otherwise the surgery would have been a much harder sell. Enjoy it while you can!

:omg:ok today was a better day for me I guess being at home I can control myself more not tempted by coworkers to eat out OMG only 6 more says til surgery

I have to be at the hospital at 5:45 am monday, boy is that early...I'm the first surgery at 7am...I guess that's good, except my doc requires every patient to stay over....starting to get a little nervous...just a twinge...