Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded today November 15th

Got my band today and am feeling really good. Went in at 8 for 9 am surgery and was on my way home about 2 pm. I have a long history of severe post-op nausea and vomiting and this time I took a drug called Emend. It is very expensive (my insurance didn't pay for it and even with my employee discount as a pharmacist it was just under $40 for one capsule but you only need one) but I am convinced that it made all the difference. I have not felt sick at all. I am sore of course but so happy that it went well and just wanted to wish the rest of the November 07 Bandsters good luck!

Congratulations! I was just looking at the list of November 15th bandsters and wondering how you were doing! Be sure to keep us updated!

Congratulations Tracy! :clap2: I can't believe it's over two weeks already since my surgery... hope things go as well for you as they have for me. Take care and good luck.

Tracy - I'm glad to hear things went well!

Tracy:

Glad everything went well for you, just keep us updated on your progress. It is so nice to hear everyones stories about how things are going.

I read them alot the last two months before my surgery. It helped me get my head in the game.

Tracy, sure wish I would have know about that drug. I would have asked for it. I was so sick after surgery. They kept me overnight since I couldn't stand up without turning white and feeling like I was going to pass out. Today is much better. No more nausea and no pain except where the port is - feel like I've done like a thousand sit ups LOL

Congratulations on your surgery!

Got my band today and am feeling really good. Went in at 8 for 9 am surgery and was on my way home about 2 pm. !

Congrats Tracy!!! :clap2: Wow, you were in and out pretty quickly. My DH had to be there at 6:00 AM for a 9:00 AM surgery and he wasn't released until about 5:00.

I hope I get out as quick as you on Monday.

Thanks well wishers. I am still feeling good. Still just have the pain at the incision sites but it is very managable. I am ok'd to shower today and I am going to get out of the house for a few and see how that goes. Pennie, I wish you would have known about the Emend, too. I am thinking I need to make a post on the pre-op board so people know about it. I seriously considered not even having this surgery because I was sure they wouldn't be able to control the nausea. Good luck to everyone with surgery coming up!

Tracy,

So glad to hear you're doing well. Thanks for the tip on Emend!

I've asked my Dr. if he can prescribe to me prior to my surgery on Tuesday. I too have awful nausea post General Anesthesia.

Take care & keep us posted!

Oh good. They have you take it about 2 hours pre-op with a small sip of Water. I also got some Phenergan suppositories to take home but I didn't need to use any. I am going to keep them on hand just in case I get a GI virus anything down the road. Take your prescription in early in case your pharmacy needs to order it. It isn't a real common medication. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me. Last time I had surgery, and it wasn't even a GI surgery, I got Pepcid, Protonix, Dexamethasone, Reglan, and Zofran and I still was sick for a full 24 hours after. This time, just the Emend and the Protonix IV before surgery (I think most places give this or something similar) and nothing. Nada. Amazing. Good luck.