Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DO I need an unfill

I'm a bit in the same boat - I had 1.5 CCs put in for a first fill and because I felt nothing, this second fill was for 2.7ccs last week -- now every time I eat, out it comes with quite a bit of pain beforehand. But I'm wondering if it's the rate at which I'm eating and what I've chosen to eat. It's so hard to figure it out, isn't it? I don't know about you, but my "silver lining" is that in the week since I've had this second fill, I've lost 6 lbs (not a fun way to lose it, but hey, if I'm gonna suffer, let's let go of some poundage!)

I hope you figure your band out as well! Danielle

hi everyone called the doc today and i got a slight unfill im at 1cc now and feel great. it was like almost instant relief. in 20-30 mins i felt soo great again. im eating just enough now and not constantly getting sick off every bite.

thanks for the help'

christie :clap2:

Don't wait too long hoping it will loosen up on it's own, mine didn't . . .

I waited 3 weeks (knowing my fill was too tight) and when I did go in this past Thursday - now have 'severe edema' in my esophogus and had to be partially unfilled. I feel stupid for waiting so long.

I was losing quickly too, but now think I was just really dehydrated. I have put back on 2 pounds in 2 days and there is no way I have eaten enough to gain 2 real pounds.

As I eventually am able to get filled again, I am going to have to accept that the band can only do part of the work and I am going to have to do the rest.

I now fully understand and believe that being too tight is not the answer. Those were the most miserable 3 weeks I can remember.

Good luck ~

hey mommi, you are absolutely correct about the Water weight. There is no way you ate enough to gain 2 pounds in two days so don't sweat it. Water weight is a strange beast that still freaks me out some days!

I agree, being too tight is no way to go. But, I am always told to try waiting one week unless you cannot swallow liquids because the fill sometimes take a week or so to settle into position. For me it's almost always a week to see where my fill really put me.

I agree, being too tight is no way to go. But, I am always told to try waiting one week unless you cannot swallow liquids because the fill sometimes take a week or so to settle into position. /quote]

I have heard the same thing and that is what I kept hoping for - that it would sort of 'adjust' itself and be fine, but it wasn't happening . . . It was just toooooo tight.

I feel normal now (like before the band) and am anxious for the healing to be over so I can get a little bit of fill back in there. I don't trust myself enough to do this on my own . . .

Hi Lynn,

Did you have a total unfill? I went in a little over a week ago for a slight unfill (from 2.6 to 2.0) and that made all the difference for me. I followed the unfill with 2 days of liquids/soft foods. Now back to regular food and I still feel a little restriction, but do not get sick (slime or PB) almost every day like before.

I am still learning work on good band habits. I need to use my band as a tool, and let it help me in this weight loss process.

BTW, you couldn't have gained 2 pounds in one day. Must be Fluid weight.

Keep us posted.

Hi Tulip ~

No, I was unfilled from 2.7 to 2.0 - it fills like there is nothing in there, but I know there still is. I am anxious to get back to 2.2 or maybe 2.3, but know now that will probably be my limit. 2.7 was terrible and I don't ever want to experience that again.

I agree, I need to learn to work with this little tool and quit fighting it. I really feel like I have been, and long term that is not going to work.

I am working hard to make better choices and do my part . . . Hopefully that will help.

I would like to lose 10-15 more pounds but need to wrap my mind around doing in over a 3-6 month period as opposed to 2 weeks which is what I would really prefer . . . I have never lost 1-2 pounds per week, but Dr. Spivak keeps telling me that my loss is perfect for me. For me, it feels really s-l-o-w . . . .