Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Schooled by the Band

I had my first restriction on Tuesday and was back on solid foods today.

I didn't follow the rules, I think I ate too fast or didn't chew enough and I was schooled by the Band! It was a fast and ugly lesson. Within 5 minutes I had pain and next thing you know it was the 50 yard dash to the bathroom.

Back to liquids for next 24 hours. I don't believe I can ever eat any chicken again.

I'm so mad at myself, doctor even said to me Tuesday this is where we start getting into it for real, you will not be able to eat like you could and you must slow down. Eating today was nothing like the first few weeks after post-op.

All the vomiting think maybe I lost a pound????? Just kidding

Ouch. Its horrid. And its amazing what foods you wont want when you realise you cause them pain.

We're going away for the weekend, Doug said "we'll probably just grab a pizza for dinner at the half way point". Um, doubt it. He and the kids might, I'd rather not eat than bother with pizza.< /p>

Welcome to life with the Lap Band. You'll be able to eat chicken. It just can't be dry, and you have to chew real well, and when you're done chewing, chew some more. My bad food is romaine lettuce. Every time I eat romaine lettuce I get "Stuck". Everybody is different. Don't think about what you can't have, but how much better you are going to feel, and how much better your going to look.

John

I got stuck twice yesterday. Miserable feeling.

First was at lunch, I had matzo ball Soup and then tuna. It was after the tuna that I got THAT feeling.

Second was at dinner. BBQ spare ribs and veggies.

I also have to learn to slow down and chew, chew, chew.

I had that feeling last night - with a crystal light drink!!!! All I did was take a gulp and I was hangin' out at the sink waitin' for it to revisit.... It is awful!!! That was my second time having that feeling...

WORSE PAIN EVER (Childbirth was less painful) ... I don't know about the rest of you - but I get an awful headache when it hurts and a pain in the left side of the roof of my mouth that is like a blunt object stabbing me in the back of the roof... ohhh it hurts just thinking about it!!

Tater tots did it to me the first time... ewwwww... just the thought.. I will never have tater tots again!!!!

Anyone else have that problem with a liquid???

I have had that problem even before surgery where it would be super painful to swallow a drink... Like a trapped jumbo air bubble goes down with it... Anyone else or am I just a freak?

I'm just the opposite. I can eat anything. I had one fill over a week ago and still no restriction. It's frustrating cuz right now I am applying will power like crazy. I'm hungry and want to eat. I admit I eat a bit less than I did before the band, but I have no real restriction and I'm amazed how much I can eat. I go back in 2 weeks for another fill. I'm crossing my fingers this time I will get some restriction. I'm afraid my will power will fade soon as it has always done in the past!

No... it means Productive Burp... :wacko:

It isn't pretty... :)

But I meant that if you have PB's can you say you have restriction? Since I posted that question, I've come to the conclusion that I have some restriction but not enough. I eat smaller amounts but am hungry in like an hour or two. So obviously the food is passing through faster. And certain foods are 'not acceptable' by the Great Bandolino. I can't wait until my next fill (a week from tuesday). I am about the same weight now as I was when I began this journey. :straight