Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you getting protein in??

Hey guys... I just had my one month post OP appointment and my doctor told me I have to get around 90 grams of Protein a day. I am currently 25 years old at 311 lbs (33lbs down) and I seriously cannot get all my protein in. I cant get more than 45 a day without feeling like I'm forcing it down. Do you guys have any tips? I really dont want my hair to fall out and I want to do everything I can to make sure I am being successful and I keep trying and trying to get it down and I just cant reach that goal. Every time I watch a YouTube video where someone does their "what I eat in a day 1 month post op" or something, they eat a hell of a lot more than I can and I'm not sure why! Any advice on how to get protein? I wish there was just a pill I could take. :(

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Now I get more Protein from food (chicken, eggs, fish, dairy), but in the beginning I drank a lot of Premier Protein shakes and Nature's Best Isopure Black Tea Lemon. I also added Protein Powder to smoothies and my food.

Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you.

I put this into a lot of stuff - mix it into yoghurt, cottage cheese, fat-free re-fried Beans, curries, sauces, Soups. It really helps me pack more Protein in as a vegetarian. The scoops are very small.

https://www.amazon.com/GENEPRO-Musclegen-Research-Flavorless-Certified/dp/B00K6OSDYA

81Enoyr+FgL._SX522_.jpg

812GNbaYl9L._SX522_.jpg

I put this into a lot of stuff - mix it into yoghurt, cottage cheese, fat-free re-fried Beans, curries, sauces, Soups. It really helps me pack more Protein in as a vegetarian. The scoops are very small.
https://www.amazon.com/GENEPRO-Musclegen-Research-Flavorless-Certified/dp/B00K6OSDYA

484071920_81EnoyrFgL._SX522_.jpg.05d532d0887253c957af4bc19e77431c.jpg
812GNbaYl9L._SX522_.jpg.b116baecc13e1cea281ba444fcc0f36e.jpg
Oh my gosh thank you! Does it really have no taste to it? I got an unflavored one and it definitely has a taste I cant really tolerate anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't detect a taste - but then again, I do tend to put it in things that wouldn't be ruined by a slight dairy flavour, you know? You could always get the 10 serving bag to try it. I even put it in my Protein Shakes along with my regular powder when I was still having them. That would be a way to use it up if you didn't like it in other stuff. I have it sent monthly now on subscribe and save, and it's 15% cheaper that way.

I still drink Protein Shakes and I eat Protein chips and protein Cake Bites. Most everything I eat is protein. They taught me to look at a plate and fill it 1/2 with protein, 1/4 with fruits/veggies, and 1/4 with grains/carbs. Then they said eat protein FIRST and nothing else until you eat all the protein. I am full by the time I eat my protein.